unbelieveable ! smart americans?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWtWz_aGyk#t=60
It is a complete triumph in a plan to create a nation of ignorants. They are much easier to govern, keep under control and sell the useless stuff to. Education is a very dangerous thing as the Communists have found out when they introduced for free to everyone. Real weapon of mass destruction. Keep in mind that Australia is following USA politics very closely and we are well on the way to enjoy the same success.....
What I am puzzled about is how they managed to suppress a natural tendency of a healthy brain to explore and search for answers of its own. Coca-Cola?
Jefferson said more than 200 years ago that you can not have freedom and ignorance co-exist in a country. Think what that means.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(28-06-2014, 11:30am)Shifu Wrote: I Keep in mind that Australia is following USA politics very closely and we are well on the way to enjoy the same success.....

Not only the politics, but also their shitty TV programming. You know the ones, the 'guess who' type where they have already shown the murder first!

The education system is well into the dumbing down phase, the rot set in in the 70s. A number of big airline crashes have occurred because lateral thought is discouraged in pilot training. Some were a bit like riding along the road at 110 and seeing the speedo drop to zero. The pilot response would be 'Oh shit we've stopped'.

Ask the same questions in similar shopping centres around Australia and the answers may not be much better. In fact ask some of those questions around out seat of government and they might still struggle.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(28-06-2014, 11:36am)Belzybob Wrote:
(28-06-2014, 11:30am)Shifu Wrote: I Keep in mind that Australia is following USA politics very closely and we are well on the way to enjoy the same success.....

Not only the politics, but also their shitty TV programming. You know the ones, the 'guess who' type where they have already shown the murder first!

My friend, do not forget for one moment that the mass media - TV, press, Internet even your phone apps are the first and foremost instrument of politics and control of the population. Misinformation and manipulation of the facts is what keeps the power in their hands. Have they not learned anything from war on Iraq or the Wikki Leaks? I post a challenge here - how many of you really knows what Wikki Leaks were about? If you do, does the question about the severity of the government reaction to it, ever entered your mind at all? In a nation of people who care and have a working brain it should start a revolution. Most Americans responded with support to the government and condemnation of the "traitors".....That is the extend of media influence - brain replacement surgery Pi_thumbsup

Just check this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fys3MsKMpms&index=9&list=RD_mWtWz_aGyk
Isn't "Smart American" one of those "oxymoron" thingies ??
The de-education of our future generations are not, as I see it, a political forum it's an economic one. While everyone is fast to point the finger at the Politicians it is that finger pointing that demand they put into place policies with quantifiable results.
This effects education by academic community creating assessments criteria that removes the failure of success by its participants, the students. What was a set of skill required to learn to say you have successfully attained a specified level of education in various fields (grammar, maths, physics, geometry, trigonometry, literature......) is now a dumbed down criteria designed to allow maximum success with a minimum assessment. The high successes are used to justify funding from the gov and in turn give the acting gov a quantifiable statistic to how well they are doing..

Sunday morning rant over.... Now back to NASCAR
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(29-06-2014, 09:25am)Batfink Wrote: The de-education of our future generations are not, as I see it, a political forum it's an economic one. While everyone is fast to point the finger at the Politicians it is that finger pointing that demand they put into place policies with quantifiable results.
This effects education by academic community creating assessments criteria that removes the failure of success by its participants, the students. What was a set of skill required to learn to say you have successfully attained a specified level of education in various fields (grammar, maths, physics, geometry, trigonometry, literature......) is now a dumbed down criteria designed to allow maximum success with a minimum assessment. The high successes are used to justify funding from the gov and in turn give the acting gov a quantifiable statistic to how well they are doing..

Sunday morning rant over.... Now back to NASCAR

Completely disagree with that wiev Batty. The point about funding maybe has som merit, but on the other hand should you really be paying for the education in the "Clever Country" in the 21st Century?
Education should never be "designed" to achieve anything. Otherwise it will be artificial and incomplete which is sort of what we have now, like people with degrees that know nothing outside of their "field". Education is one of these things that have a life of its own and does not tolerate imposed bundries or controls. It should be divorced from any politics and religions, as wide as possible and complete, so that people can become the best they can be and develop their talents without restrictions. How the young generation can find its place in a society if it has no clue how it works, or how we can be serious about being "global" when no one teaches geography anymore and more than half graduates dont even have a clue what Gabon is? The classical model of education is dead and as a reslult we are handing the world over to morons.
But there lays the danger. Educated nation is hard to controll. You can't bull$hit them, distract them and sell them the anti-wrinkle cream. They would not tolerate incompetent government or worse demand accountability from it. Imagine that. Still think it is not political isue? Just think a bit further out.....Education is the only thing that can really change the world as it did during the Renaissance. Ignorance leads only to the Dark Path my young padawan....
Education can help overcome ignorance, but can do nothing about arrogance.

EDIT. To clarify, I am referring to the powers that be, not individuals.
Shifu, I try to alway apply Ockham's razor's principles to any ideal I find... And are you really granting our politicians with having the high level of intelligence, energy and ability needed for such a complex future orientated concept like control?
I agree with your stand of an unrestricted education system but everything requires money and the money is controlled by the education institute plus issued by a governing body... Hence education IS formulated in Australia. As sad as that seems.
Plus those controlling the education system is not the politicians but the academics of the education system. This I know from witnessing as I studied to be a teacher while working as an IT tech support for the Uni education faculty... I quit my studies of teaching due to seeing the ineptitude and lack of capabilities of those that were directing the future if those that will educate our youth.
If you want to see what's going on locally, nationally or globally, DON'T follow the politics, follow the money...
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
That's os said !

Even tho I'm not fused on yanks
Biker
Well we are f****d! that lot will bomb US! at least we know who will our true enemy is! Whats that saying keep freinds close but enemys closer!

At one time in Aust. we had some of the best schooling in the world,20 years later and we seem to have lost the drive to keep our Country educated.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM