Tappet Noise
(30-06-2014, 09:16am)Camel Wrote: Check the tightness of your header clamps; if one is slightly loose you will get exhaust leakage. The noise it makes sounds remarkably like loose tappets. The sound is worse when the engine is cold.
Pi_thumbsup
Was going to post exhaust leak last night but got distracted. Had this happen on my Land Rover Discovery when an exhaust manifold nut had fallen off. From the drivers seat sounded like the whole top end had no oil.
Thanks for all the replies folks.
The one constant from the replies is that most mention that it's worse when it's cold.
I can confirm that I have actually only heard it when it's cold.
I'll give it an oil change, and try and concentrate on the sweet Yoshi music rather than the irritating tapping.
Hope to catch you guys at Lobethal soon.
Cheers
Hey Lucksa, I put new springs in mine, cost $450 with labour from memory and then they set it up for me. I'm 100kg and the bike needed them believe you me. Now it handles ok. Not as good as one fitted with ohlins etc but quite ok all the same.
(29-06-2014, 05:46pm)Maj Wrote: Are you aware of the clutch spring retainer recall, they back out of the clutch centre and rattle and rub the cover
its not quite like tappet noise but still worth checking out

Pull the clutch in & see if the noise goes way they are noisy suckers anyway mostly
3 years same oil yuck change every 6 months one way or another easy to do