Recomment a busa mechanic in northern Sydney?
Like to get somebody who knows Busa's to have a look at mine for me. Got an issue that is more than just an oil change. The fuel pump is working much more frequently than I recall. I can hear it when riding slow, and I'm sure I didn't before.

With 37,000 km on the clock I checked the forums and noticed that the fuel pump filter sometimes gives this symptom. But often when serious there is an associated loss of power at high revs... not a problem I have (yet?).

So I'd like a super competent person to do the work if its needed to be done.

I'm in the northern beaches area of Sydney but will travel for expertise worthy of the task... any recommendations?

Appreciate any suggestions.

TonyTripleA
One twist of the wrist at a time...
Try Jamie at S@R pro at Penrith
R & C Moorebank is good also
Okay that's great, anything closer appreciated but that's at least good advice and a good ride!

Funny thing with the fuel pump "whine"... it turns off and on, but its on much more often ask the kms roll by. Would'nt be concerned except I've got a couple of big rides and the motogp coming up! Wouldn't want to give my mates on ducati and aprillias to see a busa do what they do and stop in the middle of nowhere!!!

TAAA
Got the job done at ProCycles as I was running out of time. They actually know what I was talking about when I rang... anyhow, appreciated the heads up here on the forum about it likely to be a fuel pump filter issue. The whine of the fuel pump overworking is now fixed and fuel pump probably saved.

Also had them change my oxford heated grips, which stopped working on one side. They said it was the first time they had seen one fail... just my luck!

So all set up for a nice, almost warm, ride to Armidale!

Cheers,

Tony AAA
I had a oxford heated grip fail also your not the only one Coolrasta
If the shop fixed your fuel pump noise, what did they report to you they did to fix it ? Clean/replace filters ?
This is a problem that surfaces continuously on here.
(01-07-2014, 09:19am)Pa King Wrote: If the shop fixed your fuel pump noise, what did they report to you they did to fix it ? Clean/replace filters ?
This is a problem that surfaces continuously on here.

I haven't tried a filter change on a Gen 2 didn't know you could get filters for them or could be replaced, anyone know where to get one wouldnt mine a spare in case
That's why I asked what was done.
On my B King, I didn't get any noise , I got the loss of performance over 7000 rpm.
Suzuki couldn't sell me any part of the pump assembly other then a complete new replacement in the high $900's.
Ended up getting a new Gen 2 pump assembly from the States for approx. $250 then swapped float over for the B King.
Perfect.
Next time will look at the external fuel filter mod.
Got a mate with Gen 2 experiencing the same problem , he is doing the external mod .
maybe a pressurised back flush???

not sure of pump set-up/type so probably not possible but being a DC pump you may be able to run it in reverse too??
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
The just replaced the original filter that is part of the fuel pump assembly. Ridiculous price of $350... crazy! But, way better than a $900 fuel pump.

I wonder if its not a good idea just to "hole" the original filter element and fit an in line filter for a few bucks. Surely this must result in the same outcome.

Anyhow, it has resulted in the fuel pump being "quite as a mouse" again, so that's a good thing. I was worried about it burning out it was whining so loudly.

TonyAAA
Mine has been whining off and on, 34k kms, no performance loss yet. Will keep flogging it and have 5 months of warranty left anyway.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Mine began to whine, so emptied out the tank, pulled out the pump, stripped the filters and dunked them in acetone, reverse flushed the filters, problem gone, bike goes better. BTW, there was a Lotta crap in the pump, even a huge bee in there, I reckon it was from filling up at Putty Road servos.