passenger front grab rail
I saw these in another thread on this board and made an enquiry. I must admit that I expected a more 21st century response from the company. I was sent a reply stating that they don't ship to Australia........

End of discussion. ?????

They must not need any extra sales. But I still want one. I noticed that there are links to US based Hayabusa forums. Does anyone have a contact that could forward one onto me? I would like to see if it helps my lady when heavy braking.

Also, would any inspection or engineers report be required to make sure it didn't upset the police or affect my insurance? Opinions are welcome too.

Is anyone else interested for their pillion as it may reduce unit cost or even just the shipping.

Cost was just under US$140.00 - pretty reasonable I thought - and pretty easy to attach and remove. Certainly not much more difficult than putting the seat and rear grab rail on.

Found this on fleabay.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/351113153091

Here is a poly one too....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221092499903

And they all saying ship worldwide
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Hey Homer, they're on ebay from the UK. When I bought my Busa my wife enquired at the suzuki dealer and they could get them in. Not sure what company. I was going to order one but then she changed her mind.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(12-07-2014, 06:31pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: Hey Homer, they're on ebay from the UK. When I bought my Busa my wife enquired at the suzuki dealer and they could get them in. Not sure what company. I was going to order one but then she changed her mind.

Damn, I thought I'd looked on there. All this techanogical stuff gets confusing. Thanks for the heads up. Which Suzuki dealer did you enquire at. I know Savage at Midvale and Witch at Rockingham - and there is one at Vic Park? I would like to hear what they say about stresses on the tank and the cap. Always a better argument to any authority that questions it when it came from a dealer.

I'm going to get one and I will post pictures and any feedback for anyone who might be interested.

I thought Phil Taiton Racing did a simmilar product as well and there Aussie based to boot
Hey, thanks busarat. I found contact details and will give them a call on Monday. $285.00 is a bit more - but if it has already been accepted in Oz, I'd happily pay it.

http://www.ptr.com.au/vinxx-pillion-grip...sa-s5.html

The above link for anyone who wants a look.

Hey Homer I use McCulloch suzuki in Vic park. They quoted around the $150 mark if my memory serves me correct. They are fine on the tank and don't cause excess stress. The po po won't care about the grab rail either. However any modification can get you a sticker. In my experience if you get pulled over just treat the copper the way you want to be treated, have a laugh and you'll be fine.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(12-07-2014, 08:12pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: Hey Homer I use McCulloch suzuki in Vic park. They quoted around the $150 mark if my memory serves me correct. They are fine on the tank and don't cause excess stress. The po po won't care about the grab rail either. However any modification can get you a sticker. In my experience if you get pulled over just treat the copper the way you want to be treated, have a laugh and you'll be fine.

Will be making that call too. Saw my first bumblebee busa in that showroom. Had a nice set of two brothers slip ons. Was their demo bike at the time. I told them to call me when they wanted to get rid of it. They didn't.