Hayabusa Sewing machine
This is the first time I actually noticed this; on the underside of the Gen II cam cover. Might check a few more cam covers I've got laying around to see if they're the same....
[Image: HayabusaJanome_zpsc4a5ddd9.jpg]
Camel
Saves on gaskets - just overlock the joins.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
All my replies have vanished lol

JAMONE is a Jap robotics Co. though they don't do vehicle parts as far as I know???

But I do know that JANOME in Japanese has a direct translation as "snake eyes"
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Jam One?
Maybe this is the answer...

http://www.twfic.com.tw/products_e/fic_products.htm
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
Nice piece of detective work Tempozzy. A Taiwanese die casting supplier. But it doesn't explain why a Suzuki part ended up with a sewing machine brand name. Maybe there were no engrish speakers that day in the plant?
I was a bit surprised to see this, and I'm now very curious about how much of our bikes are made 'in-house'. I know a lot of manufacturers outsource minor components these days, but I had thought that Suzuki would have been big enough to do all of their own casting. I certainly would have expected them to get their own name cast into parts made for them. Maybe the latest overlockers come with DOHC and they've done a parts sharing deal?

It looks like they might be making parts for more than just Suzuki and Yamaha.

I just googled 'my motorcycle sounds like a sewing machine' and found results for just about every manufacturer, even HD, which I would have associated with Tractors more than sewing machines.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
The cam cover is Magnesium, perhaps they outsource exotic stuff?
Direct translation for Janome from Japanese into English is actually "Bull's Eye" as far as I can see.
Also not surprising when you discover that Suzuki also manufacture electronic eyelet buttonhole machines, so why not Janome making motorbike parts.Undecided
http://www.chholderby.com/industrial-sew...e-machine/
We've all been sewn up!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Stitched up more like it. Overclocking, overlocking, I just can't make sense of it anymore.
Does this mean we will see a Tathra Buttonhole Ride???
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(13-07-2014, 01:32pm)TempOzzy Wrote: I was a bit surprised to see this, and I'm now very curious about how much of our bikes are made 'in-house'.

It makes sense I suppose. Having a machine to make every single part would cost a fortune so they outsource a lot of it. Does beg the question though, what happens when a factory goes down, like so many did back with the fukushima tsunami. If you need a gazillion parts from all over the planet, and you can't get one, then the bikes just won't get finished.
Just as well we have ours then....
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(18-07-2014, 05:53pm)gringo Wrote:
(13-07-2014, 01:32pm)TempOzzy Wrote: I was a bit surprised to see this, and I'm now very curious about how much of our bikes are made 'in-house'.

It makes sense I suppose. Having a machine to make every single part would cost a fortune so they outsource a lot of it. Does beg the question though, what happens when a factory goes down, like so many did back with the fukushima tsunami. If you need a gazillion parts from all over the planet, and you can't get one, then the bikes just won't get finished.

Thats' a easy fix when Suzuki cant help call Leonard he has way more parts in stock Lol2 TrUe & he wont stitch you up Nerd