Insurance - heads up
(06-09-2014, 06:01pm)Shifu Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 05:29pm)shorty Wrote: Can anyone please tell me why QBE is charging me $1008 and youi want to charge me even more even though I already have my ute insured with them?

It might have something to do with your age or riding history. Some insurers assume that when you younger you are a bigger risk.

That must be it! I am after all only FOURTY THREE and I've only been riding for 25 years. Undecided
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Youi charge me $688.44 for my 2012 .. paid monthly (I'm 49).
I was paying more, but I rang them the other day and had a bitch so they dropped it. I have noticed another member is paying less still.
I did a few quotes over the net the other day, and Famous Motorcycle Insurance came up the cheapest, but they don't offer monthly payments.
Maybe its your username? lol!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(06-09-2014, 09:19pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Maybe its your username? lol!

And there I was thinking it was because I'm soooooooo good looking! Hahaha
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
im with shannons agreed value for my 99 is $10500 with the buy back option all riding gear and with all mods ,im paying $760 a year ,no biggy.
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
I just tried to do a Shannon's quote online but they don't have a Busa in the model list. I'll give them a call.
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
I have 4 bikes and my 4x4 insured with Shannon's for $1600. Three of the bikes are for limited use. I do Fifi 2 weeks on/2 week off so some of the bikes may not be ridden for 2 or 3 months but least they are covered for fire and theft.
Shannon's.
$1600.
50 year old, often lost points, never lost licence.
Brisbane suburbs. Locked shed.

5 modded bikes, smallest is an 1100.

Riders gear, pillions gear etc etc.

Important to me was the option to buy back any salvage or to do own repairs.

It's not true you can't commute on their policy either.
You need to talk to them about it.

Shannon's will also insure unregistered bikes.

Bikes off the road for long term work or projects or bikes just being stored.
$800 ish QBE, unlimited kms, 47 yrs,only insure with qbe, had one bike written off one stolen with key in ignition. QBE were helpful understanding and prompt in replacement and payout
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Found the same issues with YOUI, cheap enough year 1, next year up she goes about 25%, hoping you just pay & don't look I guess.

Now with Swann again.
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
QBE... about $54/mth for old for new placement until 2016.
That takes into account my claim earlier this year which resulted in full payout for my 99 ($12,000 agreed value) and a recorded DUI about 5 years ago.
As for the salvage/buy back option ALL insurance companies offer that if vehicle is written off but it doesn't mean you will get it at a great value.
I stayed with QBE as they were great with previous claim and they came in hundreds less than any other insurer I got quotes from including Shannons, Swanns and YouI
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
i,ve insured with famous before it was under $700 made a claim & the ok was given within 2 days

also insured with QBE made a claim on my zx10r ride off
now insured again with QBE with 2 claims in a year & bad driving record & it only costing $800 a year
i found both companys have been good to me
cheers wayne
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
$649.88 with Famous that's with $1000 for ridding gear.
Biker