Exploiting the Busa!
Sorry for starting a CSS shit fightFrown I was just putting down some rammblingsConfused
That'll teach me to keep to myselfBump

If you are going to ride then its up to you to get better for yours and others safety. Doesnt matter where you get your learning as long as your learningBoobies4
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
There no fight, just opinions based on experiences, no offense intended or taken.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

That's right storm, no dramas. Would love to hear about your exploits over in WA sometime, were you doing the gunbarrel and that sort of terrain? Up in the simpson perhaps? I haven't done any of that myself but I see the attractions of it. To be able to just head off in any direction for days under a blue sky would be awesome.
(21-07-2014, 12:41pm)gringo Wrote: That's right storm, no dramas. Would love to hear about your exploits over in WA sometime, were you doing the gunbarrel and that sort of terrain? Up in the simpson perhaps? I haven't done any of that myself but I see the attractions of it. To be able to just head off in any direction for days under a blue sky would be awesome.

lived on the gunbarrel etc near uluru and the canning stock route. most are huge boring f*&^ing dirt highways,usually try riding extreme stuff ,back roads to uluru,WAPET track,puntawari track etc bits of the simpson nevertheless its great off road riding/camping beautiful country.was a great experience to live in the oz deserts, have a few roads to tick off still

(21-07-2014, 07:40am)gringo Wrote: Perhaps I should qualify my earlier comment on batting around every corner. I certainly don't go around hanging off the bike at 140k through blind corners lined with gum trees,

When I go out for a quiet ride it never starts out that way . . . but that pretty much sounds like my usual riding style by the middle of the ride. Lol3
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(21-07-2014, 02:14pm)storm Wrote: lived on the gunbarrel etc near uluru and the canning stock route. most are huge boring f*&^ing dirt highways,usually try riding extreme stuff ,back roads to uluru,WAPET track,puntawari track etc bits of the simpson nevertheless its great off road riding/camping beautiful country.was a great experience to live in the oz deserts, have a few roads to tick off still

Done the Puntawarri track twice but in the comfort of my 4WD. One of the best ways to get to the CSR. Also continued on east to the Calvert Ranges and further east from Calvert Range to the Eagle Hwy on a track that is not on too many maps. About as isolated as you can get in Australia. It was one of my favorite trips.
(21-07-2014, 05:45pm)mozzie26 Wrote:
(21-07-2014, 02:14pm)storm Wrote: lived on the gunbarrel etc near uluru and the canning stock route. most are huge boring f*&^ing dirt highways,usually try riding extreme stuff ,back roads to uluru,WAPET track,puntawari track etc bits of the simpson nevertheless its great off road riding/camping beautiful country.was a great experience to live in the oz deserts, have a few roads to tick off still

Done the Puntawarri track twice but in the comfort of my 4WD. One of the best ways to get to the CSR. Also continued on east to the Calvert Ranges and further east from Calvert Range to the Eagle Hwy on a track that is not on too many maps. About as isolated as you can get in Australia. It was one of my favorite trips.

I lo've the desert, been my dream idea to sshoehorn a 600 or thou engine in a dirt chassis.

(21-07-2014, 07:06am)gringo Wrote:
(20-07-2014, 11:18pm)Homer Wrote: I dont think you are honest with yourself. This is where it is at....

You guys aren't psychologists by any chance are you?

I wouldn't waste my money on CSS sessions, but then I have no problem reading books and applying the knowledge either. I have read code's books and employ a lot of his techniques in my riding but it is all taylored for the track and has to be modified for street riding. On the street those perfect lines will take you through grave patches, over potholes or across steel manhole covers. His work on SR's though is universal, but the only way to apply it is to practice it every time you are out and train your mind to automatically do "the right" thing istead of the wrong thing. That has saved me a serious accident more than once in traffic and once on a gravel covered stretch over the back of mount glorious.

As you get older your reflexes slow, your eyesight isn't as sharp and you become less reckless in your activities. I have been lucky on bikes, few crashes and none too serious. I have been to the funerals of a couple of mates though, and know 2 here in briso who simply can't ride any more because of their injuries and the arthritis plaguing them. I still like to push it, to keep on the edge I can reach, but I have a healthy repect for my limitations.

I rarely give advice though or suggest to people they should modify their riding (unless they are very new to bikes) People will do what they will do. I tried with my last GF but she wanted to do it her way. 2 wrecked bikes and a year later she walked away from riding. A wise decision I thought.

I rarely if ever go on group rides, too much race track mentality and it only takes one mistake and 5 riders are sliding down the road into the face of oncoming traffic. I have see that too. Riders are individuals by nature and all do it differently, there are no set rules when your aim is to have as much fun as you can and not end up in an ambulance as a consequence.

One can not add to the cup that is already full....
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
A Buddist psychologist. There the worst kind.
Maybe this thread should be called "exploiting the busa rider"? Cause I know its gunner be a long time before I get my ass into a position I can start to exploit or push my busa!
Chicken strips are something you can remove at under 80kph if you want... Personally I don't give a crap about them being there but love checking them after any run where I feel I have pushed it lol
The busa is a unique bike where you don't have to be a Superbike rider to enjoy, or have ur sphincter puckered every second to love it......

I plan to test many more bikes but after I have tested myself through schooling and on my busa, but that's me
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(21-07-2014, 06:15am)gringo Wrote:
(20-07-2014, 10:38pm)Shifu Wrote: I dont think you are honest with yourself. You can get hurt or worse equally easy on the most expensive bike as on a old bomb. What is really stopping you is self preservation instinct. And the only way to overcome it is through education and understanding of the bike design and abilities. CSS session can not be overpriced for that.

Sure I have a self preservation instinct, you don't get to 53 years of age riding motorcycles without one. But I guess the only way to prove your theory is to loan me your bike for the day with no restrictions and test it. What do you say?

I am sorry as I have missed that post before.
I accept that challenge and will prove you wrong.
I can see that you are in sunny Queensland while I am in South Australia so it is somewhat a rong ride either way. But there is an easy solution to that as we have our annual gathering in Tathra coming up in December. I wasn't planning to go this year, as my wife booked a cruise with only 3 days between Tathra weekend and our departure but considering the special circumstances I will have to manage. So just come there and you will have a chance to show us how fast you are without any financial burden. My bike will be fully insured, so feel free to abuse it, give it the berries etc. to your heart content. But if you will not be able to ride away from me, you will be wearing "I am a bulshit artist" sign for the whole weekend. A lot of members know my bike as it won best Gen 2 twice but just to make sure is not too slow for you please note that it is unrestricted Gen 2, tested (and GPS verified with two witnesses + full footage) to go well over $300.
Good thing is we will also be able to discuss psychology, philosophy and riding technology as I am really interested hearing words of wisdom from someone who is that well read.
Now I need to find an accomodation for the gathering.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"