riding rules
Hey everybody,
Just a quick question in regards to riding rules/formations, I have been involved with a social harley Club for most of my riding life and they have very solid riding rules about staggered formation, hand signals, overtaking etc etc. Since I'm new to sportsbike riding are these rules pretty general on all rides or is it more open? Or does it really depend on group and numbers?

Thank you all in advance
(02-08-2014, 02:14pm)harleyore Wrote: Hey everybody,
Just a quick question in regards to riding rules/formations, I have been involved with a social harley Club for most of my riding life and they have very solid riding rules about staggered formation, hand signals, overtaking etc etc. Since I'm new to sportsbike riding are these rules pretty general on all rides or is it more open? Or does it really depend on group and numbers?

Thank you all in advance

no a lot of the riders need some lessons on etiquette.
Wtf
Really depends on the group. Most groups I ride with are pretty casual and have no real rules, We have set meet up points if anyone loses the group. We don't have corner markers etc. If you get lost that's your problem, as long as you get to the rendezvous point. Let someone know if you are pissing off so we don't think you've come a gutser. Apart from that everyone tends to fall into a staggered bunched formation on straight boring bits of road, if you feel like leading or upping the pace, you go around, the rest will probably follow. No leaders and no hierarchy. Once twisties are spotted in the distance, the quicker ones will soon disappear and have fun, then slow and wait for the rest to catch up. It depends how well I know the other riders and how competent they as to how close I will ride to them. You tend to pick the dickheads riding outside their comfort zone pretty quick. People tend to take it in turns and take a stint at the back to watch if there is a learner/slow rider, but it's basically just get out and have fun.

"Buzzing" and scaring the absolute crap out of experienced riders by passing at 2 or 3 times the posted limit inches from them when they aren't looking is actively encouraged if their name is RYDRZ, and if they've just done it to you!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
...found this?

Hi mate , like every group we have our share of cowboys but the majority of the people I've met on our rides are considerate of others and go out of there way to ensure No One is left behind or pressured to keep up .
The rules arnt as strict as a Harly ride ( yes had one for 16yrs as well as playing with Jap bikes ) but seems to work better .
[Image: photo3.jpg]
Some rides I try to avoid...these are the ones where a..holes insist on overtaking you to the left within your lane...unfortunately it is not always possible to avoid these future statistics and I make every effort to stay well clear of them. best option is to ride with people you know and then the 'rules' tend to take care of themselves.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
hey Steve, is it okay to pass you on the left when your sitting up straight on a LH bend on the RHS od the road?????LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
If they are all passing you . . .maybe it's you? Wm
My number one rule is to stay well clear of Wardy when he has the "Camera of Death" fitted to his bike.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
Seriously....passing to your left within the same lane you are in....does no one think this is a stupid maneuver? I know some are just having a laugh and that is fine but the retards that do this not only put their life in danger but yours too....it is also illegal for obvious reasons.
+++1000000 there Steve

never never EVER perform a LH pass
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(06-08-2014, 01:45pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: Seriously....passing to your left within the same lane you are in....does no one think this is a stupid maneuver?

Pass me on the left within my lane and you'll probably get a smack in the mouth for your trouble .. Knuppel2
thats gunna hurt your fist Dale LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

It is mostly the young indestructibles that do it...they think the road is a race track and that its cool ...that is until the vehicle in front wanders a bit to the left and cleans them up.
(06-08-2014, 02:07am)Busdriver Wrote: My number one rule is to stay well clear of Wardy when he has the "Camera of Death" fitted to his bike.

Going to have that camera exorcized then ceremonially destroyed. then get a new one for Tathra this year.