valve stems
Not really technical but has anyone had experience with 90 deg valve stems the add on type as its near impossible to inflate tyres with straight stems.

Thank you
(03-08-2014, 09:29am)harleyore Wrote: Not really technical but has anyone had experience with 90 deg valve stems the add on type as its near impossible to inflate tyres with straight stems.

Thank you

Yeah I've used them on some of my bikes. I've had the ones you screw on when you need to and the ones that go on when you change Tyres. Highly recommend :)
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
I have them on ALL of my bikes, spare rims, etc.......one of the best and cheapest mods you can do, and no more cutting your fingers and knuckles on your brake disc rotors - worth [100 times] their weight in gold!!!
Yep, i have been meaning to change mine. I have forgotten every time for the last three tyre changes. Idiot2 Idiot2
(03-08-2014, 05:20pm)Kendo Wrote: Yep, i have been meaning to change mine. I have forgotten every time for the last three tyre changes. Idiot2 Idiot2

same here, been sitting here for about 12 months. Bought 2 sets Got a set on the other bike but keep forgetting to bring them when I go for new tyres.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
You would think this day and age they would be standard!Undecided
got mine free with last set of tyres ordered..... and I actually remembered to get them installed with tyre change too LOL

Great for stopping the grazed knuckles
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I also have a set sitting in the drawer at home and keep forgetting to have them fitted.
Seems to be a common practice.
On the bikes I've had that have had them fitted, absolutely brilliant.
I've seen a youtube clip shows one blowing out on a dyno, but I've seen std ones do the same.
Not sure whether they affect wheel balance being offset though.
Well I'm the same as the others got them and for the life of me keep forgetting to put them in worth every cent..

I've had a tubeless valve let go on my 11 years ago with my mate riding it and I've never seen anything so F***ken Scary the whole bike stepped sideway and even to do this day I still don' know how he pulled the bike back straight and then managing to pull the bike to the side of the road without hitting the deck. The worse part is all this was happening when he was passing a car but there is an upside I was riding his restored CB1100R at the time very nice...

Yes you need to do it..Pi_thumbsup put them in. and don't worry about the weight because this why you balance the wheel and I've never had an issue getting the wheel balanced after they've gone in.

Cheers Rev004
Here's a stem going on the safety of a dyno.
Bugger this happening on the road...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCaqV8PzAzA
Had one instaled on the rear of my bike with new tyre best mod on the planet.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
So would it be better to wait to change the tyre and put in a new angled valve stem or buy a screw on aftermarket one?
In my opinion, if you want a quick fix, just get the angle extensions, but definately get the proper ones installed when the tyres are replaced.