FOR EVERYONE BORN BEFORE 1986!!!
That's the main reason i have foxtel, i love all those old shows

Mark
Well, we didn't have TV when I was a kid, it came to oz in 1956

All radio serials for me........5-6pm every week night

And sometimes I listened to them on a crystal set I made myself from plans I got out of some comic. You actually used the wire mesh mattress support in your bed for an aerial

There was......

Dad n Dave

Hop Harrigan.....................CX 4 to control, CX 4 to control..this is Hop Harrigan....coming in

The Sea Hound...

Tarzan..........

After that we'd all sit round the fire discussing the days activities

Then when I was 14 mum said she'd buy a telly if I promised to stay home at night & stop riding my Ariel motor bike around with no lights she bought the telly but failed to stop the nocturnal rides

UNTIL my older brother sabotaged my bike by loosening the cylinder base nuts on mum's orders
damn Rev i can remember greenbottle........ Regards Rob

never argue with a fool he will just drag you down to his level and he will beat you with experience
Fuggen Greenbottle

Yep, that loopy bastard was on too

I've got the CD "Yes Wot "

Pisser of a CD

It's got the story about Greenie disconnecting the brakes on his dad's motor bike so he'd get to school pick him up sooner Amongst other things.
Listening to Superman on the radiola in the afternoon and being 5taken to the club to watch the 6 oclock news, saturday morning flix, Pathe newsreels before the main features. Blue Hills, Division 4, Homicide. Robbie Phillis racing the "Syndicate" around Macartha Park here in Canberra when it was a set of roads waiting to be a suburb and was truly a Road Race. Fuckanddamnation where did all those years shoot off to

Max - must be an old bastard , "better to be an old bastard than a young dickhead!"
Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
Quote:must be an old bastard , "better to be an old bastard than a young dickhead!"
classic Max.
Must admit,im not old enuff to remember the radio shows,but you have forgotten one of my favorite tv shows......
"Sorry about that chief"Get Smart an all time classic,oh and i used to get all hot and sweaty over Babera Eden in I Dream of Genie. ,she was just so desirable in her belly dancer cossi.
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
Barbara Eden.... t t
A purely sensual animal in anyones book.

Max - She had such great......personality/s Madmax - GSX1300R Black and Blue Buses Rule
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.
and why do they have to destroy every old show/movie by remaking them.
I can't think of one that has ever been better than the original.
A bit like the mighty Hayabusa I wreckon.
Cheers,
Pete

djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!
First time into this area! Scary eh?
I remember radio well before telly. Life with Dexter was a favourite (see I don't even use american spelling!).
All of the above was true for me. The freedom, and the cane and the wooden spones etc.
But have you ever noticed that only the good memories survive???
I started riding bikes in 63. Tyres were made of plastic and you might as well jump off as try and ride over a white painted line in the wet. One helmet I bought broke in half when I dropped in on the floor!! Most bikes handled like shit and parts were so hard to get and bloody expensive. It meant that when you finally got your second hand Norton, you could guarantee forks and seals were knackered etc etc. And how many miles between engine rebuilds on Triumphs??? Not many before they smoked (out the exhaust!).
Travel was very very expensive and you'd save for years to cross the Tasman. Nobody could make a very good living out of sport. Now, a kid can done something on a skate board and earn millions before he's an adult! Remember watching international motorcycle races? Not possible was it.
mmmm, I used to dream of Jeannie too, although I was usually wide awake at the time! Then there was Samantha on Bewitched, yum. And agent 99, hubba hubba.

OK, perving aside, there were some really great shows like the ones already mentioned, but here's a few more:
Welcome Back Kotter
Dad's Army
Are you Being Served
The Goodies
Catweazel
Worzel Gummidge
Sigmund the Seamonster
Quincy M.D.
Kojak
Chopper Squad
Rescue 911
Hill Street Blues
The Sweeney
The Two Ronnies
Danger UXB
Minder
Mind Your Language
Love Thy Neighbour
Some Mothers Do 'ave 'em
Mother & Son
Steptoe & Son
Morcombe & Wise

Shit, I'd better stop the pigeon now!! haha

As for 'toons,
Kimba the White Lion
The Huckleberry Hound Show
Fat Albert
Top Cat

ok, ok, I'll stop.
Wazza.

I've stared death in the face....he turned and walked away.
Love Thy Neighbour !

Wouldn't last 5 minutes now before the do gooders would have it banned.

BUT, I did see an episode or 2 on FOX a while ago

Just remembered what mum used to say when she was belting hell out of me with a leather belt:

Shutup...this is hurting me more than it does you
I remember my mum used to say,come here and ill belt ya.
Well thats insentive to come within her range.
2 things i remember vividly when i was about 5,both resulting in huge hidings.One was breaking the channel knob(spinning it round like a top) on our first telly and the 2nd was getting my 1st pocket knife from a kid at school and proceeding to checkout how sharp it was by carving up our vinyl couch. can laugh now,but was shittin bricks at the time.
ps i remember channel 10 when it used to be called channel 0 and i also remember when stereo radio 1st started(eon fm,now mmm).What a huge improvement on the shitty sound of am radio.
Its not the phantom anymore,its the urban assault legend!
There ya go ya old bastards

You have three wishes Bruce

N2O no laughing matter

Edited by: Blackzook at: 4/7/06 9:13 pm
Remember when they showed re-runs of Kingswood Country & censored the word "wog"?? Wazza.

I've stared death in the face....he turned and walked away.