First trackday Queensland Raceway
Did my first track day at Queensland Raceway yesterday on my Gen 1 Busa, what a blast! I had Michelin Super Sport 50/50 road/track tyres with a 190/55 on the rear. On the road they had 15mm chicken strips but on the track I used the whole tyre. Also fitted heavier springs front and rear to suit my weight with new Motorex 5W fork oil. And Goodrich braided brake lines and sintered race pads on the front. The race pads have a lot more bite then the std HH sintered pads.
First session lap times were 1 min 41 secs, second session 1.35s then got down to 1.31-1.32s and in the final session did a 1.29 then lap after was going real well until the final corner and just could not stop the heavy girl and had it locked up straight into to gravel trap! Would have cracked the 1.28s. The Aust. Super bikes do a lap in 1.10!
I was in the starter class as the was my first track day, this only allowed me to overtake on corners on the outside. The bike went real well hitting 240km/h down the back straight. The 10500 rev limit hits quick! The hardest part was slowing the heavy girl down!
addictive isn't it! Can't wait for my next trackday.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Gone on you Mozzie. Welcome to the addiction!

Wardy, 3:37pm
Pan 3:38pm

Wardy's quicker than me around the track too!
Gotta be the best value in town!
How about you southerners and you northerners come up/down to Sydney for a track day soon...?
We're all doing Eastern Creek (Sydney Motorsport Park) on Monday the 10th of November.

Wardy, are you in?
Hey Mozzie sounds like you had fun you never forget the first one bit like your first girl Smitten

so how did you time yourself up there
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
(22-08-2014, 06:49pm)Driller Wrote: Hey Mozzie sounds like you had fun you never forget the first one bit like your first girl Smitten

so how did you time yourself up there

To time myself I had the Father In-law using my Android smart phone clock which has a stop watch with lap feature. He just had to tap it every time I went past the same point. At the end of each session it displayed the time for each lap in a list. I think he was using a point on the far side of the track for a reference piont. Not super accurate but good enough for what I needed to know. My times got quicker and more consistent as the day went on.

Did a track day at Lakeside on my new to me GSX-R 750K5 that I bought for a track bike. This bike actually stops going into corners with plenty of brakes to spare!
Planning on going back to QLD Raceway on the 6th of Feb to compare lap times between the Gen 1 and 750.

Having fun Glen cool
what brand are those leathers?

shane
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Did another track day at Queensland Raceway today on the GSXR750, took 2 seconds of my best Busa time with a 1min 27secs. Did 48 laps over 6 sesions, 150kms all up. No chicken strips at all on the 180/55 rear. With the 750 you have to make sure you keep the revs up to get the best drive out of the corners. Got overtaken by a chick on a ZX-6, I reckon she had a 60kg weight advantage on me. Embarassed
Removed all the original fairing and tank from my GSXR750 track bike and have finished painting up some fiber glass race fairing and second hand dented tank. Also removed clutch switch and PAIR valve, one tooth smaller on front sprocket and one tooth more on rear sprocket.

.jpg   20150410_140732small.jpg (Size: 157.57 KB / Downloads: 32)