Front Number Plates on Bikes (Again)
Well its that time of year again and the Victorian Road Safety Camera Commissioner, Gordon Lewis, is banging the drum for front number plates on bikes.

He claims the lack of these plates reduces the efficiency and fairness of the speed regulatory system, of course the stupid implementation of front facing speed detectors has nothing at all to do with the issue.

Rather than rant on about the bloody obvious check out some of the replies to "Loopy Lewis's" latest attempt at ass covering.

http://www.bikepoint.com.au/content/news...ef=ed-news

http://victorianmotorcyclecouncil.org.au...1,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=37&cntnt01returnid=15

http://motorbikewriter.com/cop-calls-mot...er-plates/

Every year this drop kick bureaucrat with nothing more than half baked statistics, exaggerated examples and emotively manipulated rationales for his motivations tries to push this cart into the public arena, what a load of crap.

The only reason Lewis stacks this on is that every 12 months when the State treasury tallies up he has to explain why a supposed small fortune in fines is slipping through the governments fingers so every year he blames the bikes because the moron signed of on a flawed system and now he's stuck with it.
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum
Just more proof that it's not about rider / pedestrian safety, but revenue ..
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
seems he wont stop until it is brought in...cant he be sacked for being a c**t
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
God damn it!! This is gonna seriously affect my aerodynamics! The pollies and the cops are always looking for more revenue. I would gladly wear a front plate or a front sticker perhaps (for pedestrian safety)...if state government bean counters spent our rego and speeding fine cash to improve the quality of roads and traffic congestion....every week more fixed cameras are installed and more mobile camera units are out and about. Whats next?? Are they gonna tell us we need in vehicle monitoring systems in all our vehicles?? Maybe I should sell my busa and my hsv senator and buy a moped and a prius?? Whatever happened to good old fashion police work anyway?? Are they just getting lazier?? Its pretty easy to just sit in a van for 8 hours and let a computer generate fines I guess?? I much prefer getting handed a fine and trying to talk my way out of it or explain why I was in such a hurry, than getting snipered in the mail. How does that improve road safety anyway?? After all isn't that what its all supposed to be about?
Hey don't knock the Prius until you have driven one for more than around the bock
Surprisingly nippy and agile for what they are. designed as a city car and there they belong but they aint no slouch when it comes to getting gone.

No I wouldn't own one but I am not ashamed to be seen driving SWMBO's little electric bomb.

Tom R
(25-08-2014, 02:19pm)Brutalfun Wrote: God damn it!! This is gonna seriously affect my aerodynamics! The pollies and the cops are always looking for more revenue. I would gladly wear a front plate or a front sticker perhaps (for pedestrian safety)...if state government bean counters spent our rego and speeding fine cash to improve the quality of roads and traffic congestion....every week more fixed cameras are installed and more mobile camera units are out and about. Whats next?? Are they gonna tell us we need in vehicle monitoring systems in all our vehicles?? Maybe I should sell my busa and my hsv senator and buy a moped and a prius?? Whatever happened to good old fashion police work anyway?? Are they just getting lazier?? Its pretty easy to just sit in a van for 8 hours and let a computer generate fines I guess?? I much prefer getting handed a fine and trying to talk my way out of it or explain why I was in such a hurry, than getting snipered in the mail. How does that improve road safety anyway?? After all isn't that what its all supposed to be about?

I wouldn't worry to much this a political "Dead Parrot" the big 4 (Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki) have killed this of quietly behind the scenes, its just plain nonsense but the fact we pay this idiot Lewis 140k a year plus perks is a joke. He's nothing more than a hand picked yes man pencil pusher, I mean seriously, what idiot would try and bring back front number plates on modern bikes. This is a guy who is in charge of a critical element of road safety and he comes out with this sort of rubbish not just once but again and again. We really need to get rid of the turkey and get some one in who actually understands road safety.
(25-08-2014, 02:03pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: seems he wont stop until it is brought in...cant he be sacked for being a c**t

No he can't. I think it is a pre-requisite for being in in his position..
Send him on a fact finding tour of Iraq....make sure he takes and wears a 'I love George W Bush' backpack with him.
(24-08-2014, 08:27pm)Dale Wrote: Just more proof that it's not about rider / pedestrian safety, but revenue ..

I agree to a point but my view was changed a bit after meeting up with a senior TOG officer through my daughters basket ball team so the TAC adds about seeing the big picture makes a point. I don't believe the big stick tactics are the only answer and we need more left field thinking on road safety. Things like mandatory road training subsidise from fines, CWO's at repat hospitals with road accident patients, one on ones with families of road accident victims and so on.

(25-08-2014, 06:51pm)tomrux Wrote: Hey don't knock the Prius until you have driven one for more than around the bock
Surprisingly nippy and agile for what they are. designed as a city car and there they belong but they aint no slouch when it comes to getting gone.

No I wouldn't own one but I am not ashamed to be seen driving SWMBO's little electric bomb.

Tom R

I agree, we have a few in the fleet where I work and I was surprised at the go in them. Strange feeling though on the first go, they feel like really big dodgem cars to drive.
Does it have to be the same as the back one...
Well im sure I will fit my front plate with inferior screws and it will be accidently lost on some country back road only hours before I get pulled up and get lectured by a pimply faced 19yr old with a glock on his hip ready to shoot me in the face at any moment. ..I will be very apologetic and polite to officer beavis and cross my heart and promise him that I will get replaced first thing monday morning.
Isn't it great to have this bs rammed down our throats .some brain dead moron won't admit he got it wrong.why do we keep paying this idiot???.And just wait for it ACA will have to side with this bloke to keep all us dangerous outlaw speeding bikes in line.what a stupid bloody joke this nonsence is.poor Victorians bad enough learners have to wear Fluro vests to make them more visible to the cage drivers which won't happen whilst there to busy texting,what next
Is it necessary to have a front plate now?
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

no mate... just another 1920's idea someone is trying to float again
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!