1"raising links
With 55 I have no chicken strip on left side and about 5mm or less on right, on the street. Got 50 profile pilot4s ready to go on.
will assess the different feedback I get then geting the rear up by 1". I want turn in to be quick but I know I am trying to get scalpel like handling of 1k bikes from a different kettle of fish but Its a compromise between the torque and ability of the Busa vs Cornering speeds of litre bikes

Had a 600 km blast today. What a bike!
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Sorry to say that (not really Embarassed) but you are all wrong. Scary The handling and so called "flicability" is basically your frame geometry - swingarm angle and the angle of the steering head (with some influence of the suspension settings). Both can be changed - rear by adjusting the length of the shock absorber (the proper way) or by changing the links (crap way as it require a complete suspension resetting and offers no fine adjustability) and the front by moving the forks in the tripple clamps. Bear in mind that this will affect the stability of the bike, but that is what you wanted - unstabilise the bike so it is easy to turn it fast. And you can get the busa to be as agile as the litre bike but you will loose to it on the track simly because of its weight. It is a simple matter of kinetic energy that needs to be dissipated. To slow down for the corner 230 kg it will take 43% longer distance than 160 kg (both with the same brakes). Same thing on acceleration - despite much highier torque the busa will not ride away from a litre bike on a track and I will not even mention the corner speed that will kill it completely. Now just multiply that by the number of times you need to brake and the result of such race stares clearly in your face -it is not how fast it is or how flicable it is. Its just a fat arse will undo everything.
The highier tire profile generally has a f*#k all to do with the steering. It is just to lower the rate of wear at a big lean angles - bigger contact patch - less wear. Take the 50 profile tire on the track and push it hard. After a couple of sessions the whole edge is gone and the section starts looking like a 60 profile.
Thats all folks Boobies4
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Good info shifu.it's all learning curve. Love the Busa for what it is.just getting it to be a bit better I guess within certain parameters

(01-09-2014, 12:59pm)storm Wrote: Good info shifu.it's all learning curve. Love the Busa for what it is.just getting it to be a bit better I guess within certain parameters

I didn't mean to suggest that Busa is in any way a bad bike. It is fricken fantastic in many ways and it can even be turned into a fast trackie. Just ask Pan who I believe is a world champion of slimming down a Gen1 busa Trophy
(01-09-2014, 05:37pm)Shifu Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 12:59pm)storm Wrote: Good info shifu.it's all learning curve. Love the Busa for what it is.just getting it to be a bit better I guess within certain parameters

I didn't mean to suggest that Busa is in any way a bad bike. It is fricken fantastic in many ways and it can even be turned into a fast trackie. Just ask Pan who I believe is a world champion of slimming down a Gen1 busa Trophy

No worries have had many bikes including 3 gixxer thous.. The Busa can be ridden like hell for its weight and design, am not into Track days, just street.am loving the Busa and trying to have more potential. If I want a scalpel a 05/06 gixxer thou and reducing it to 150 kgs for a cheaper outlay will be the way to go I guess.
now where can u get 1" spacer for the Busa as You recommend?

I agree there shifu, not in any way am i a bike guru or engineer I see ours busa's as the pinnacle of Suzuki engineering made the best they can be...
Of course you have to remember that this "best" has to take into account every aspect of what the bike can do plus the emission, sound, speed and other weird controls counties apply to bikes.
Yes you can improve aspects if the bike but by making other aspects worse. What we do is turn a mass produced spectacular bike into an individual passion that does what each of us want it to do.

Only my 2c and all IMO
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(01-09-2014, 07:25pm)storm Wrote:
(01-09-2014, 05:37pm)Shifu Wrote:

No worries have had many bikes including 3 gixxer thous.. The Busa can be ridden like hell for its weight and design, am not into Track days, just street.am loving the Busa and trying to have more potential. If I want a scalpel a 05/06 gixxer thou and reducing it to 150 kgs for a cheaper outlay will be the way to go I guess.
now where can u get 1" spacer for the Busa as You recommend?

While I was looking to rise the rear of mine, I have seen a rising kit for a busa that included the cushion lever and the links that maintained the correct loading progression of the whole assembly. It was one of the sites in UK that sells racing parts. Never bought it as the price was something over 400 punds and got an Ohlins shock instead that have adjustable lenghth. I needed more than 5 mm so I just made a longer bottom yoke for it. My bike seats now 15 mm highier than stock and still have about 10 mm in reserve. It is I think the most effective way and also cheapest overall unless you have the access to a CNC mill and can machine parts for yurself. From the memory the OEM shock has an adjuster in the bottom yoke so making a longer one would be a very messy option.
Changed out rear spring with one from mozzie26 gen1 today...much better but just little soft..rider sag 35mm static sag 25mm getting closer to where should be..if get suspension done before GP will get 13.1 replaced with 13.4..
Much more rideadle now thanks Glen Clap