Cloudy highbeam lens
Has anyone else's high beam projector lens gone cloudy and if so what have you done to fix it.
Thanks
(30-08-2014, 10:22pm)G-MAN Wrote: Has anyone else's high beam projector lens gone cloudy and if so what have you done to fix it.
Thanks
Bump
(30-08-2014, 10:22pm)G-MAN Wrote: Has anyone else's high beam projector lens gone cloudy and if so what have you done to fix it.
Thanks

A lot of lenses go milky including in the cars. Mostly it is due to the stuff people use for cleaning them or ammonia in windscreen cleaners. There are repair kits you could get on e-bay to fix them but you can get all the stuff cheaper in a car paint supply shop. Get some wet emery in grades from 600 all the way to 2500 or even 3000 if you can find. Clean the lens first using a 600 grit and work your way up to 2500-3000. To finish it off use a buff with a fine polishing compund. It is the same process like for paint finishing. Most of the shops have small sample sachetes of different brands. I use the 3M ones. One is plenty for a busa's lens.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks for your advise Shifu, as I have used a similar technique on my wifes car.
But the cloudy appearance is actually on the inside of the high beam projector lens....not sure how to go about fixing it.....
(23-09-2014, 08:24pm)G-MAN Wrote: Thanks for your advise Shifu, as I have used a similar technique on my wifes car.
But the cloudy appearance is actually on the inside of the high beam projector lens....not sure how to go about fixing it.....

Could it be moisture? Switch it on for a while and let it warm up Undecided
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
When polycarbonate lenses were first released, there was a lot of problem with the lenses going opaque because people were using globes that weren't "UV" cut....but unless your globes been changed, this shouldn't be the case.
It sounds like condensation, but just turning on the high beam won't get rid of it, it'll just evaporate and re-condense when it cools down again.
I would suggest removing the the globe and getting a hair dryer or heat gun and using that to remove any moisture.
Thanks guys willing to give anything a try..
What about a desiccant sachet with a small length of fishing line attached for removal.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(24-09-2014, 07:46pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: What about a desiccant sachet with a small length of fishing line attached for removal.

I'll go with Shifu's idea. Recently I've noticed a lot of polycarbonate lenses clouding in the way described, probably due to driving a 3 year old Avis Hilux through the bush up in the Pilbara and not be able to see a bloody thing at night because the lights were totally diffused by the milky lenses.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
I noticed my high beam projector lens has gone milky as well. It has the original globe and does not clear when warned up. I have accepted it as part of the aging process for now.
Mine is cloudy also & pretty piss poor on high beam, dangerous @ 100 kph @ night....

It definitely appears to be an issue with the inside of the high beam lens.

This definitely not a sun related issue.

Is the high beam lens glass or plastic, it appears to be some sort of projector style lens???
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]