Trikes are not bikes
Riding home tonight, splitting long lines of traffic and passed one of those Can-am trike thingies. I bet he was pissed sitting in the queue behind all those cars.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
That sounds like one of the things Hell may have in store for me when I get there.
That and being forced to ride one of them 3 wheeled scooters Lol3Lol3
all the disadvantages of a bike without the +'s
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(05-09-2014, 01:14pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: all the disadvantages of a bike without the +'s

Just like a three wheeled Zimmer frame.....
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
(05-09-2014, 01:45pm)shorty Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 01:14pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: all the disadvantages of a bike without the +'s

Just like a three wheeled Zimmer frame.....

That would describe the Reliant Robin....you'll probably have to Google it.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Speaking to a guy today who's building a street legal 3.5lt Magna engined trike. It'll end up a little like a Bon trike. Good for a blast! As long as you don't have to turn........ or stop.........
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Or be seen
Yes
Or be seen
Yes
Well they are called trikes not bikes lol
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Reliant Robin? Didn't Mr Bean have a special thing for those?
(08-09-2014, 09:38pm)Camel Wrote: Reliant Robin? Didn't Mr Bean have a special thing for those?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYyLC--YTRaXv1xLiSX5a...Jr3f-LDv6G]

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 67.91 KB / Downloads: 48)
aahh the poor ole Reliant

A perfect example of how designers have NO clue about physics LOL while yes it is a trike unfortunatley they forgot all about the physics of triangles when putting it together.
To create a perfect triangle force you need the mass centered in the center of the triangle, in a moving vehicle that mass should be moved slightly back towards the "rear" perpendicular "line". As you can see in the above pic teh driver (about 1/3 of the mass) was right on one of the forward "lines" thus creating a very unstable vehicle on left hand corning.
A motorbike trike is another animal where most of the weight (with rear mounted engines) is at the center rear of the triangle thus making a stable craft even on corners. A more stable craft is a reverse trike with 2 fronts and 1 rear.....
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
And for a display of instability for those who haven't seen it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQh56geU0X8
Is a bike with a sidecar now a trike or a bike????
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!