Jackets
Hello all, Just a couple of questions that I've been pondering. Read
I'm wishing to buy a new jacket as apparently wearing a Harley jacket just isn't the done thing I'm told, Should I be looking at leather or textile as have tried a few leather jackets on and even thou I'm a xl size I expand to a 5xl in sports jackets. Also helibars vs risers/spacers or both? or will I run out of cable or start hitting the fairing/screen?
I've always had high flow filters on my Harleys to improve there performance but since the Busa doesn't really need it does it need to be done? Biker
Also will get mirror extenders, slip on mufflers, ventura rack and swingarm spools down the track but that's a discussion for another day.
Thank you for your time and replies Very Happy

Attached Files
.jpg   bd5303208797152184526~2.jpg (Size: 79.65 KB / Downloads: 127)
Full leathers with chest/back protection armour for me all the time.my thinking us if I fall in the carpark at 5kms/ hr it still takes only a few pounds to smash my knee cap, so no protection no riding
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

You should get the swing arm spools and a rear stand sooner then later so you can lube you chain properly.
I am a 2xl and bought a 2xl Alpine stars leather jacket on a bay from the states and it fits perfectly. I have both leather and textile but prefer the leather.
I have 25mm riser plate which fits with no mods required.
I have both. Dianase and dry rider textile with armour. Sometimes when you're just cruising in the heat of summer a textile jacket is perfect. Then descent rides a good leather jacket keeps your limbs all together if you come off.Scary

Woody
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
I have five jackets that I have bought for one reason or another and at the moment I find myself wearing a fabric Harley jacket for riding to work and back in the colder weather.
It has elbow protection and provision for upper back protraction (optional for extra $) also has provision for zipping up to pants or belt.
It's warm with a zip out liner and has vent's if it gets a bit warmer.
One of the pockets needs fixing but otherwise it seems ok for a Chinese made jacket.
I tend to use a Joe Rocket Hyabussa jacket in summer , it's simular to the Harley jacket but a bit lighter and can be fastened to a belt.
It was cheap and has elbow and basic back protection.
I was wearing this when I was knocked off my bike at a stop sign , can't remember hitting the ground but the jacket doesn't have a mark on it and apart from a sore foot I was ok.

I also have two Dri Rider jackets , one bought in 1991 and the other given to me by a mate when he sold his bike. Both good jackets for colder weather , the old one has no elbow or back protection and is like wearing a plastic bag in warmer weather with the sweat it collects.
The newer one is a lot like the Harley & Joe rocket jacket with a zip out liner and elbow & basic back protection .

The leather jacket I have is a Dianese Tatto , cost me near on $1000 back in 2001-2002.
It has elbow but no back protection and has provision to be zipped to pants or belt.
I find it isn't that warm in cold weather and it doesn't have vents for warmer weather , I stopped wearing it for a while but have managed to loose weight so it fits me again now.

Personally I would say choosing riding gear that suits you and your riding style and the weather you ride in , fast riding & track days = more protection and commuting & cruising = more comfort.

Helmet house seems to have a reasonable range of gear.
Looks like the jackets question has been covered and, each to his own. Must admit I need a new jacket too but, next one I buy will have some decent zips on it ...

Bar- risers ? I guess you have some options , I'm using the Soupys bar riser/insert, 20 minutes to fit and you're on the road . No problems with cable stretch or the bars touching the screen etc

They have some other good stuff too ..

http://soupysperformance.com/suzuki/hayabusa.html?p=2
(07-09-2014, 01:50pm)harleyore Wrote: I've always had high flow filters on my Harleys to improve there performance but since the Busa doesn't really need it does it need to be done? Biker

The only performance these so called hi-flow filters improve is the wear rate of your engine. The highier flow rate for the same size of filter can only happen with dropping of the filtration performance. Simple really and yet so many people get into that trap of "sport performance" filters. Stick with OEM or make an adoptor with a more common thread and use as big filter as you can find that still fits with enough clearance to the exhaust.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(07-09-2014, 08:28pm)Shifu Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 01:50pm)harleyore Wrote: I've always had high flow filters on my Harleys to improve there performance but since the Busa doesn't really need it does it need to be done? Biker

The only performance these so called hi-flow filters improve is the wear rate of your engine. The highier flow rate for the same size of filter can only happen with dropping of the filtration performance. Simple really and yet so many people get into that trap of "sport performance" filters. Stick with OEM or make an adoptor with a more common thread and use as big filter as you can find that still fits with enough clearance to the exhaust.

I think he was talking about air filters.
(07-09-2014, 09:25pm)mozzie26 Wrote:
(07-09-2014, 08:28pm)Shifu Wrote:

I think he was talking about air filters.

Thanks mate. Embarassed Same principle still apply though.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks for all your help, will have to keep an eye on ebay and go looking down the causeway. Very Happy