Fines
Hello all, I know we are all riding angels Biker but I just happened to get pinged for excessive speed enough to lose my bike for a month from today and license for 6 after I go to court. Has anyone been thru this experience before? as I normally have a clean slate. Any tips or suggestions apart from slow down that could aid me in this matter? not trying to get out of it just what to know what to expect in court? The Police said I should apply for a spent conviction so it doesn't show on my record?

Thank you to all for your help, Just have to keep the bike in 1st gear when I get it all back again. Scary
I'd say a majority of us lost their licence at some point for riding a bit faster than the suggested speed for given road, but I did not heard of anyone loosing their bike or having it impounded for reason other than being unroadworthy, unregistered etc. Maybe in WA they allow for blaming a bike for speeding and arresting it Confused
The road laws are different between the states and so are penalties but if you had a clean slate untill now, you can always appeal for leniency as for a one off lapse of attention or something. A lot will depend on the magistrate and some of them are normal real people but other can be a complete ar^4holes. And if you get a woman Pi_thumbsdown - God help you. If the bike got imponded you will have to pay a "storage fee" to get it back as well. Fark, how fast were you travelling?

Oh, and another thing. I would suggest skipping the lawyer bit. They are just a comlete waste of money in my experience. Learn a court procedure (internet is fantastic invention!) and humbly represent yourself. It looks better in court.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Cheers mate, we have the hoon laws over here so they impound your bike, for repeat offenders they don't give it back, according to the paperwork was 50 over. Yeah $900 for storage $1200 for fine.

Wasn't going down the line of lawyer just going to face the wraith and try my best to soften the blow haha.
beg for mercy and if asked for extenuating circumstances make sure you have the recent purchase receipt of your new busa. Wave that under their noses and express your misunderstanding of the bikes performance, riding capabilities, handling and speed. All of which combined gave you a feeling that you were going a lot slower than your actually speed ... stress NEW bike.. stress HISTORY... stress LESSON LEARNED
Good luck with it all mate
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Sorry to hear about your plight mate. 50 over on a busa is oh so easy to do.
Kinda makes ya wonder how they come up with $900 for storage .. Do they put your bike up at the Hilton ??
Hey harleyore sorry to hear that. Can I ask where you were? I'm pretty sure you would only be up for 4 months( bit of a saving)

Was it laser or radar?

Bare in mind magistrates are bound by legislation and a suspension is mandatory. The only thing they could be lenient on is the fine.

Storage cost is a killer.

Pm me your number if you like and I can't tell you about my experience Confused

Woody
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
Hey mate it was on del Park rd caught by rear shooting car.
Sorry to hear your plight, I'm in NZ and different laws apply,of course, sounds like they're a little more relaxed over here. On my third Busa and been pulled over a few times but, never had a ticket.

More good luck than good management, of course but it does sound like the cops over here in the South Is are a little more open to a chat and possibly armed with a little more discretion on whether or not they will issue a ticket ..

The $900 for storage sounds like a crock of shit, I'm not fluent with the law in Australia, why would they want to store your bike and charge you for it ?

And why take it off you in the first place ?

Hmmm
(11-09-2014, 04:07pm)harleyore Wrote: Hey mate it was on del Park rd caught by rear shooting car.

Oh ok, was it that Busa ride on the 23/08/2014?

Woody
The impoundment is the same here in Qld. The fact you have no bike & are paying cost for it to sit gathering dust & damage @ your expense are part of the deterrent.
Sucks to say the least.
Yes 2nd time they can crush it on you, in Qld anyway.
Worst thing is reading all the letters to the editor from all the F&%kwits who agree or are pushing for first time crushing for hooning. Wrapped in cotton wool the lot of 'em.
Sorry to here harleyore
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
Harleyore sorry to hear this and I know it won't make you feel any better but a heap of us got done on the same road quite some time ago and a couple of the guys got some pretty sizable fines out of it and were damn lucky not to loose our licence but was only by good luck more than anything.

As far as the word Hooning goes they have really twisted this one around, the Hooning law I thought was brought in to try and reduce the crap that was going on in built up areas which I think is fair enough as there is a time a place for everything and now they've tied up 45K over the speed limit into as well, now if this was also in a built up area well I can understand but there is a but....

So my question is why is it deemed that you are Hooning if you are out on a country road riding along (enjoying yourself mind you) yes you maybe over the speed limit but to me that would be deemed as straight out speeding not Hooning so I think there is something in that but it's probably not a subject we want to get going as I know it makes our blood boil

Anyway Harleyore keep your chin up mate and I hope it all works out in some way or another for you.

Cheers Rev004.
Harleyore, ask Raphel who happens to be in Enzed to own up to riding it.
Slip him a few hunge for the privelage and keep your license.
A mate of mine lost his licence (car related) and went for the double or nothing option , I think you get to keep driving with few or one point and get double the penalty if you commit (well get caught) a traffic offence again.

double or nothing option

Did a quick search on "spent conviction" and one of the things that came up is this Link

He had also been done for hooning and it cost near on $1000 when he picked his car up , another bloke at work lost his forby when his son was pulled over and found not to have a valid drivers licence. again near on $1000.

It could be that they suggested the spent conviction option to get some point's back ?

From what I have read (could be wrong as it's on some forums) above 40kph over and you get done for hooning.

Traffic offences

Just had a quick read and 40 or more over the limit is 7 points.

A work mate is going for a ride this weekend and has invited me along.
Dell park road is one of his favoured rides , have tagged along a few times and he's warned me that there's commonly a camera there.

Hope all goes well in court harleyore.
(11-09-2014, 07:51pm)A^K^T Wrote: A mate of mine lost his licence (car related) and went for the double or nothing option , I think you get to keep driving with few or one point and get double the penalty if you commit (well get caught) a traffic offence again.

double or nothing option

Did a quick search on "spent conviction" and one of the things that came up is this Link

He had also been done for hooning and it cost near on $1000 when he picked his car up , another bloke at work lost his forby when his son was pulled over and found not to have a valid drivers licence. again near on $1000.

It could be that they suggested the spent conviction option to get some point's back ?

From what I have read (could be wrong as it's on some forums) above 40kph over and you get done for hooning.

Traffic offences

Just had a quick read and 40 or more over the limit is 7 points.

A work mate is going for a ride this weekend and has invited me along.
Dell park road is one of his favoured rides , have tagged along a few times and he's warned me that there's commonly a camera there.

Hope all goes well in court harleyore.

Hey mate double or nothing is a demerit point offence, nothing to do with hooning. So it wont apply to Harleyore.

40 over is $1000 and 7 points

Hooning is 45+ over the limit.

Spent conviction means it wont appear on your criminal or traffic history if a new employer wants a police clearance.

Check out the Office of Road safety website for the new penalties for speeding, mobilephones etc etc. Ads have been on the tele :)

Woody
An overpopulated planet with unsustainable energy demands. Its all gonna end in tears. But hey, what the heck, let the pollies focus on important things like hoon laws. How did we end up with such a pack of fucken morons? We need to increase pollies pay scales, it might attract some talent.