top speed recording device
Hi I am planning a top speed run in the near future
what's the best cheap device to capture the speed.
will a cheap GPS accomplish this? Any other suggestions,? Cheers
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Smart phone with speed veiw app.
Not sure about WA, but there are plenty of fixed speed cameras here in SA that will take your pic for free....
The print out will generally cost a few $$$$$$$'s though.
(16-09-2014, 06:30am)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Not sure about WA, but there are plenty of fixed speed cameras here in SA that will take your pic for free....

Lol2Lol2
Will I Ever Learn ??? Probably Not Police
If you've got a new speedo healer, the one with the external button,that will record it.
My advise, gps.

Woody
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(16-09-2014, 06:30am)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Not sure about WA, but there are plenty of fixed speed cameras here in SA that will take your pic for free....

Will be in the NT legally mostly lol

download a free app on your phone. I've got "speedometer" It's a speedo and also remembers the top speed.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Most of the GPS navigators record max speed. We have found the phone app to be unreliable in some areas and I wouldn't be surprised if it possibly sends a tiny message to the Police about what the phone owner is up to and where he/she is. Never forget about the Big brother watchingBoobies4
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Hayabusabike What speedo healer are you talking about and are they hard to fit up? I would like to sort mine out. The bike recons 160 but two gps' say 150!!Pi_freak
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
(16-09-2014, 11:01am)Corpsedealer Wrote: Hayabusabike What speedo healer are you talking about and are they hard to fit up? I would like to sort mine out. The bike recons 160 but two gps' say 150!!Pi_freak

The one I have for sale for the last few weeks Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I bought a acewell dash has last speed recall ,not to bad cost me 99 bucks on ebay
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater
[Image: 11870925_10204352750091032_3366674167629...8f99a0b2f1]
I downloaded an app which ggives 0-100,1/4 mile etc but does the phone need coverage or will it just use rhe GPS?

My KOSO clocks fitted to the GSX1400 record top speed / rev's / temp and reset
to zero with the trip counter. When I get some original 14 clocks they will get swapped
over onto the Busa. Speedo was set from my GPS and seems more accurate than any
of my standard clocks.
(17-09-2014, 12:47am)storm Wrote: I downloaded an app which gives 0-100,1/4 mile etc but does the phone need coverage or will it just use rhe GPS?

After reading this yesterday, I downloaded the "Speedometer" ap for my android phone and tried it on the way home from work.
You need to have your GPS enabled.
It would appear to be very accurate, so as you do, I got the Busa out of the shed and took it for a quick spin. It now shows a top speed of 204 kph which is fast enough around my rural area at dusk. Too many big bunnies.
As you mention, it says it'll also do 1/4 mile times as well as 0-100kph times.
It also tracks and records all speeds if you like to download the info as a graph.
A bit of fun for free. Just have to wait for the week-end now to see how big my balls really are now that I can prove it.....lol
(16-09-2014, 07:38am)storm Wrote: Will be in the NT legally mostly lol

Tanami turn-off to just north of Barrow Creek isn't a lot (300 maybe?) - the rest is still 130 ...