Little rattle
Hey guys. I have a bit of a lite rattle from my engine. It doesn't matter whether the Motor is hot or cold. It is noticeable from idol to 3 1/2 grand when the power starts to come on. I am quite worried because I don't want to handgrenades the donk if this is a timing chain issue! It sort of sounds like a bunch of old aluminium milk bottle lids being rattled around in a tin can. I am very sure that it is not injector noise because if that was the case the inject needles would be rattling around like a dick in a shirt sleeve. Are timing chain tensioners prone to weaken or fail in a gen2?
Mine is a 2011 model completely stock. She has had all of her factory services up until now without any issues. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Ps: I really take her over 8k rpm because I love her and I don't want to hurt her. Smitten Anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers Stu
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
How many Km's has the bike done? Clutch?
If you rarely take it above 8000 revs then maybe it's the other 5000 wanting to get out?Roll
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(18-09-2014, 09:01pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: If you rarely take it above 8000 revs then maybe it's the other 5000 wanting to get out?Roll
Maybe not helpful, but definitely funny. Lol2Lol2
(18-09-2014, 09:26pm)Kendo Wrote:
(18-09-2014, 09:01pm)Hayabusabike Wrote: If you rarely take it above 8000 revs then maybe it's the other 5000 wanting to get out?Roll
Maybe not helpful, but definitely funny. Lol2Lol2

Yeah sorry, my last bike was a Ducati 1198 where EVERYTHING rattled.

My guess is definitely the timing chain tensioner.

Had 5 busa's and they have all slightly rattled.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
OMG... Hayabusabike I am amazed you know ur busa is running after getting used to a Duck... Ooh wait, they barely ran did they LOL

jokin all u Duck owners out there
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(18-09-2014, 08:56pm)mozzie26 Wrote: How many Km's has the bike done? Clutch?

She's got 14400ks on her and no it's Definitely not the clutch.
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
loose mounting bolts/hardware...does the sound keep time with the engine rpms? I would guess the cam chain adjuster...about to click over?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
14k kms? Never flogged. Rattling noise? Something must be loose. Header bolts everything tightened? Surely timing chain can't be loose.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I think you gave forgotten the loose screws rattling around in your head storm lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(20-09-2014, 07:17pm)Batfink Wrote: I think you gave forgotten the loose screws rattling around in your head storm lol

Part of the package Tony, can't do shit about it
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

Know how u feel mate... I worry when they aren't rolling about in there
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Pull your clutch in & see if it goes away