New Traffic Penalties
http://www.ors.wa.gov.au/Penalty-Changes
That seems to be much clearer :-) than the 'obscure' statement.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Am I reading this link correctly. It's a $100 fine for putting plates on other than what's licensed to the vehicle ie someone else's plates..
(26-09-2014, 11:03pm)fabsgtr Wrote: Am I reading this link correctly. It's a $100 fine for putting plates on other than what's licensed to the vehicle ie someone else's plates..

No you're not reading it right. That would be false plates and a court appearance.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
So it's a $1000 fine for obscuring plates or $100 for false plates?

Hummmmmmmm wonder which one I would pick?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(27-09-2014, 10:14am)Batfink Wrote: So it's a $1000 fine for obscuring plates or $100 for false plates?

No batty it's not $100 for false plates.the plates are taken and It's a court appearance.
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
(27-09-2014, 10:29am)Hayabusabike Wrote:
(27-09-2014, 10:14am)Batfink Wrote: So it's a $1000 fine for obscuring plates or $100 for false plates?

No batty it's not $100 for false plates.the plates are taken and It's a court appearance.
I was thinking that there would be a harsher penalty for false plates , guess it depends what the intent was.
I have known of people with two vehicles that are near on identical , one in good nick and one licenced (or one with a 454 and the other stock)
The relevant plate sections. Note 24 PU does not mean 24 free Piss Ups!

As you'll see its another example of state government incompetence, with a twist of anti-bike.

If some dickhead puts a rack on to carry his mountain bikes that totally obscures his rego plate, then its not obscuring and they would only be subject to the original plate provisions. However, if you put a piece of tape on a plate that hides just one character, then it is 'obscuring'.

It shouldn't be too hard to fix something up on the back of a Busa to carry a kiddy bike.

Attached Files
.pdf   25 and 25AA.pdf (Size: 35.95 KB / Downloads: 6)
Got booked today, was very surprised when copper said we clocked u at 104 Kph, 24 over. Didn't argue so after licence check I get 10 over, $258 fine.double demerits. Lucky to have my license. Will it show in my WA license as offence is in NSW? How many points will I lose please.?
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

(06-10-2014, 08:27pm)storm Wrote: Got booked today, was very surprised when copper said we clocked u at 104 Kph, 24 over. Didn't argue so after licence check I get 10 over, $258 fine.double demerits. Lucky to have my license. Will it show in my WA license as offence is in NSW? How many points will I lose please.?
It won't show in WA. I presume you are riding on a WA licence in NSW. As for the points, I don't know how many as that's up to NSW.

If you accumulate enough demerit points in NSW (WA licence or not) you will lose your ability to drive/ride in NSW.
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index....wsehandler&category=Speeding&offence+id%3D=
(07-10-2014, 07:22pm)Huls Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 08:27pm)storm Wrote: Got booked today, was very surprised when copper said we clocked u at 104 Kph, 24 over. Didn't argue so after licence check I get 10 over, $258 fine.double demerits. Lucky to have my license. Will it show in my WA license as offence is in NSW? How many points will I lose please.?
It won't show in WA. I presume you are riding on a WA licence in NSW. As for the points, I don't know how many as that's up to NSW.

If you accumulate enough demerit points in NSW (WA licence or not) you will lose your ability to drive/ride in NSW.
so if I lose my license in NSW can I ride in other states? 6 points gone in NSW now. WA plates and WA plates.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

In NZ there's no penalties for an obscured plate but I'm sure the regulations are in place but , but not enforced as rigidly as they are in other countries like Australia by the sound of it. Most of the cops here are pretty cool, at least in the South Island ...

Sounds like your Canberra funded enforcement crew have been given a directive ?

Federal Government ? Not something we have here, can't say I'm familiar with the mechanics of how it works ... hmm