Islam
If we're having to be in a state of worry about what they "might" do next then they've already got what they want, terrorists that is.
If its not this latest mob, ISIS/ISIL whatever they're called it'll only be someone else going by a different name from a different place with a different agenda.

I do feel that we stick our necks out a bit too much into other countries issues, which in turn paints a target on our back.
Guess that's the price we pay to have the friends we do.
I saw this and thought it was a relevant point
[Image: jkAUhRv.jpg]
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
A relevant and valid point.
Also interesting in both cases that most feel the need to cover their faces and conceal their identity.
Good post DjPete.
I saw something similar using the Westbro Baptist Church but the KKK
are probably a more relevant (Violent) version.

I was near Birmingham when the IRA did their pub bombings,
21 dead, 182 injured. None of the victims were near or connected to the Irish conflict.
They were punished for being the wrong nationality (English)
Ever have bad knees? head to Ireland, they have great knee surgeons,
plenty of practice as "knee capping" was a very popular pass-time for those
good religious folk.

Amazing what happens in the name of our imaginary friends.
We really haven't moved on much from cavemen worshiping volcanoes and the
Pharaohs praying the sun will come up tomorrow.
Should maybe send the KKK to sort out the mess...kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
(29-09-2014, 09:33am)Aussie Steve Wrote: Should maybe send the KKK to sort out the mess...kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Back them up with a squad of Indian Call Centre operators too?
Well now that isnt too bad an idea....trouble is if Isis or whatever they call themselves find out how horrendous these poor unfortunates are to Western civilisation then they might just decide to go down that track instead of blowing us all up.
(28-09-2014, 08:31am)DjPete Wrote: I don't think anyone would say it is not a problem Ray.
I for one take this as seriously as you do.
I have several news feeds and follow this stuff daily.
All a few of us are saying is it is not cut and dry. We need to have hope and an open mind.

In any case we are blowing them up again with guns, personally I feel it may make things worse but as you say time will tell.
It IS serious no one denies that at all.

I'd be interested in what you suggest would fix all this.

ps my retraction re this young fellow who was killed may still be correct.
As news reports are now saying again that he DID have another bigger knife and a flag with him, but maybe we should let the full details be looked into and disclosed when all double checked and made public by Police.

which God Ray?
I'm suspicious...!

:-)

Jesus Christ (The Trinity)
Well all I can say is if there was a Jesus im sure by now he would have a Gopro attached to his head Pi_freak
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Are you serious Ray? Without wanting to label anyone, I would have thought you might be an atheist maybe, didn't think you would be the religious type. There you go.

I was brought up Catholic, (although my parents were not strict Catholics as in church etc) went to a strict catholic boys school, but didn't like the tough discipline too much there.
I definitely DO believe there is some sort of continuance after death but I think it is just so huge a concept that I don't like to label it. These days I sort of think the mystery should be left as that, a mystery.

We could have a whole new thread on this one...

Life. What's it all about...
:-)
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Same type of boat here Pete.....
Born the 7th son of a deeply imbedded catholic family, all my schooling was at a all boys catholic school and went to church at least once a week (each religious celebration meant more visits to the echo room lol).
In my years of religious schooling we studied the Old a testament, New Age Bible and Latin and I saw the concept of God change from the "Vengeful wrath God demanding obedience" through the "Forgive all and love everything God" to the "benign contemplative God". Now I know God is all these things it was just the current social interpretation of "The Word".
However a few month before I turned 15 I stood up and rejected religion and God in front of my family and church. Let's just say life at home was a tad uncomfortable and I started watching my back at school (the teachers were the issue, not fellow students). I became an Atheist ( the lack of belief in gods).
Over the years however I would say I am more an Agnostic (claims to not know if there is the existence of Gods). Now see how each definition says "gods" not "God"? I fact the closest definition to my spence of belief principles is probably Agnostic Thiest (they don't happen to believe in any gods and they don't claim to know or sure that no gods can or do exist).
One thing I always stand by is to let everyone believe on what they want to be happy.... As long as that belief doesn't hurt others! bUT I will always be prejudice against any religion, cult or organisation that is supposed to represent God, gods or life after death.
And THAT would be a great thread... is there life after death
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
"is there life after death" - that sentence make no sense at all to me. It's another oxymoron Read
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
does...

Is there existence after death?

make any more sense?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Well I am not traditionally religious...but one thing that made me smile was this... BIBLE.... Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth...so maybe there is a life after death!