Aftermarket Fairings
Has anyone bought aftermarket fairings that they can recommend? There seem to be a few different ones with different moulding techniques and prices. Thanks, Coxy
Yeap, after a long thinking I gave it a go and got an upainted set for my track bike (GSXR 1000). They looked sort of OK and after some work finishing them off (cutting away the flashing, filing the sharp edges and catches) they got painted. The problems started first when trying to assemble them to the bike. Forget mixing them with OEM parts. They will not fit properly to any decent standard. Like they are a bit too small and there are gaping holes between panels. But since it was a track bike and the average life of the plastics is about 3 months it looked like OK value for money - $495 a set. However few weeks later i noticed bits coming loose and after taking them off half the plactic catches and interlocks between panels were gone. Not really broken off but the plastic was crumbling into pieces like chalk. If they used a decent material it probably would be OK. But how can you know? So no more Chinese crap and I am buying second hand OEM parts since. It saves an aggravation. Got caught once as they now try to flog individual Chinese panels as OEM parts. In short for my busa I would not even consider them if they were free.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(09-10-2014, 01:06pm)coxy Wrote: Has anyone bought aftermarket fairings that they can recommend? There seem to be a few different ones with different moulding techniques and prices. Thanks, Coxy

Don't bother with the cheap aftermarket fairings. As Shifu said they don,t fit with any reasonable tolerance. The sheer frustration of trying to make them fit will make you Pi_freak
Cheers Taub
[Image: Banner_blueandwhite2.jpg]
Thanks fellas, that will save me the frustration and expense. I will look around for some s/hand stuff or repair the originals where I can.
Mine fitted ok but the paint was very easily marked, actually sat them out over winter to see if it would harden any more

they were a USA sourced replica oem set for around $800 landed
Have heard that the USA ones are better than the Chinese in fitment and a few hundred more in price....
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Thanks Maj, have you had any of the crumbling described by Shifu on his Chinese fairings?