Are we to politically correct or just over sensitive?
A t-shirt has been recalled from woolworths for being apparently wrong. I am not sure but it seems the catch call is its racist? Here is the shirt...

[Image: 5567ae03707abddc2a653f2f1a129748_zps36bc2379.jpg]

A picture of our flag and the statement "if you don't love it leave"

Don't know what you think but I was more WTF????? How can this be racist? I see it as being more Nation Pride. Here is no mention of another's race, religion, sex or anything else that's being hidden under he umbrella of racism in today's media.

What do you think???

And before it's mentioned I see the flag image used is correct as it is the Internationally recognised Australian flag.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
This same shirt was in a shop not sure which one about 5 years ago and publicly removed , I say its all about media coverage for the stores involved .
I don't see a problem with it we was brought up to respect our flag.
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I see it as racist. there ya go.
:-)
especially in the current climate.
timing is everything. I also don't think it was a mistake as Woolworths says it was.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I don't see it as being racist to any one race or collective races
surely to be racist it would need to mention or make people think of a race
It's really only discriminating to those who don't love Australia
Ubi est Williams est via

[Image: bd2b8814-b7c2-42c7-8059-0811dae17364.png]
Love the shirt. Would add to it this - "AND TAKE THE POLITICAL CORECTNESS WITH YOU"
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I've given the same advice, although perhaps not the exact words, to European immigrants I've known. Along with advice to not say "this is how we do it in England" and similar comments.

If you come to Australia then you fit in or (to be even less PC) - you f*** off. I'm an immigrant, so I can say that. There is no such thing as multiculturalism, it is a figment of deluded imaginations that mostly reside in vacuous spaces like Canberra and Melbourne.

I'm puzzled at Pete's 'in the current climate'. Its in the current climate that this has to be resolved - while the media attention is on it. Australia is not xenophobic and that includes Pauline Hanson. It is a country that has an established identity that it wishes to maintain by majority. Not one that cow-tows to those who wish to impose their own views on a country they have chosen to reside in. So Pete they fit in or f*** off, no way around it as anything less is sedition.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
It's very similar to the other phrase if you don't like Australia f*** off.
Same connotation IMO.
Just this one is a little more hidden.

If you really read into it, who is it addressing? Migrants possibly? A big possibly I say.

Come on be truthful about this fellas.

I am

and what is "Fit in"
Everyone can have a different interpretation on that.
EG..
Can I speak my native language?
Can I have friends of the same culture?
Do I have to wear stubbies and thongs?
Do I have to say aye after every sentence...aye? :-)
Can I keep my religion if it doesn't hurt anyone?
Multiculturism is NOT migrants coming here and turning into fully fledged Aussies, that would be impossible, they are what they are, just like we are what we are, depending on our background etc. It IS whether we like it or not, a multicultural world today.

This is very dangerous territory.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Pete the shirt clearly days to me that if you don't live this country then leave. There is nothing about fitting in as we have always been a diverse mix.
What's wrong with saying I am Australian, with all it's mongrel glory, and proud of it? btw there is no such thing as m"multiculterism", that's just micro societies promoting their own culture but that's another discussion lol

And was the compliant led by those deemed immigrants or maybe by aboriginals?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

because to me it relates to this sort of thing. Does anyone really want to be associated with this sort of hatred?
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2010...-facebook/
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
And i think what's being confused here is nationalism and racism. Someone that's proud of there nation is not always racist.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I dont even have to read this page.
Can you see a pattern here?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/f***-off-...6967971333

Just google that saying and see what the general conscensis is about the people that say this.
Sorry but I see it differently, obviously. I see it as divisive and not really doing any good at all.
Don't get me wrong I love this country as much as any other Aussie but that is the last thing I would promote or say.

I you want to help migrants assimilate don't alienate them, make them feel welcome. Next time you pass an obvious migrant instead of not saying anything go out of you way to say how ya doing and make them feel welcome. It's damn hard enough for them already.
Ok I'm off my fuckin soapbox now. lol
Peace.

oh where are we?
What was the question?
:-)

and when you do say hello and get a bad one or a suspicious one try not to take it personally. They may be suspicious or even shocked that you are talking to them. lol
Or they may be just a grumpy bastard who hates people just like many Australians may be too. It's their right.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I see no problem with the shirt, but of course people will interpret it in their own way.
There is nothing wrong with National pride, patriotism is not racism.
There is nothing wrong with pride in our flag, many servicemen have died serving it.

In my view, if you wish to come to Australia and enjoy the wonderful life we have the good fortune to live, then welcome aboard.
If you wish to come to Australia for any other reason, then don't.
If you are currently here for any other reason, then leave.

Politcal correctness has gone mad, it should leave too.
(14-10-2014, 09:29pm)DjPete Wrote: I you want to help migrants assimilate don't alienate them, make them feel welcome. Next time you pass an obvious migrant instead of not saying anything go out of you way to say how ya doing and make them feel welcome. It's damn hard enough for them already.

Nothing said here has suggested that immigrants should be alienated. Just that if you *elect* to come to a country, then you should accept that you are coming to a country that has different customs, views and traditions.

Frankly you are just out of kilter with the majority of normal people, being those that believe that regard for the nation we live in overrides all this PC crap.
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
So if i understand what you say, if you come to australia you should not have different customs,views and traditions. Is that what you mean. Im trying to get some clarity..
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I brought this up as I wanted to find out why it is racist. If you are using the stance that a similar slogan has been used for negativity then many slogans have, from "Jesus Saves" (bigotry) to "save the Trees" (eco terrorism). I also agree that any person displaying negative or segregation views should be put in there place.

I see an Australian Company (yes I know not completely owned by Australians) selling something that is promoting Australia as a whole. The slogan hold no views towards specific sexes, races, religions or politics, in fact I see it more as pulling the country together under the Nationalism banner. To me it say love the Country for what it is and can be but if you don;t want to be part of Australia then find somewhere else. And that holds for people who are here either 4000 yrs or 4 years.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1