New insurance
Not insurance for the Busa, but insurance all the same.

After owning 40 bikes I finally bought a newy.
Just bought a Yamaha MT09

AAMI (who I've had insurance with for 9 of the last 10yrs) - $1061pa.
QBE - $803
Famous Motorcycle - $399

All details the same - Market value, $1500 accessories, $1000 apparel, $400 excess, 1 suspended licence in last 5 yrs, 1 insurance claim in last 5 yrs.

Service was quick n easy.
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Had my Busa with Famous for the last 2 yrs whilst I paid it off to the last owner.
Never had to claim so no idea what they are like when really needed.

Changed to Swann for peace of mind once bike was signed over to me a couple of months ago, only $20 dearer.
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
I still reckon Shannon's is the best that I've found, but horses for courses.
Just out of interest.......MT09?
I had my heart stuck on a MT09. I'd read all about them, watched every utube clip, every overseas review. I waited patiently until my local dealer had one available for a road test which took several months. The money was burning a hole in my pocket, I couldn't wait. My first NEW bike. The triple cylinder engine, the vast torque, the light weight, excellent styling. I had worked out which exhaust I was going to install, which happened to be the one which belched flames out....I went out and bought a new helmet to match the colour of bike I had preselected.
And then I rode one.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, or to insult anybody, but wasn't I disappointed.
IMO, what a bucket of siht.
Engine vibrations reminiscent of an old 600cc thumper, maybe worse. Switch gear made by Chinese pre-schoolers, stability and handling of a postie bike, seat made of granite etc etc.
To say I was less than impressed is putting it mildly.
I suppose I shouldn't of expected anything else for $11,999 ride away.
So what was I to do. The only other bike that had interested me over the years was the Hayabusa.
I started looking around for bikes in my price range, being the 12K in my pocket.
And so it came to be, 4 months ago I bought my 2010 Hayabusa from Peter Stevens in Ringwood for $12K, including new tyres and Yoshi's, only 2000 kms on the clock and had it shipped to Adelaide.
So for the same money, I got myself a virtually brand new Busa, and haven't looked back.
I have seen only 2 MT-09's on the road since I've had my new bike, and I just smile in my helmet as I pass them.
I just googled the MT-09 as I wasn't familiar with it ..

Looks like a darn good wheel-stand machine Coolsmiley

Can't say it's my cup of tea, but each to their own.

Back to your original comment .. Famous Insurance .. They are only cheap for us old fellas Pi_tongue. I got a quote from them, and then gave the price to Youi who came close to matching it. I stayed with Youi as I still have another year of "new for old" on my policy.

Does Famous replace your bike with a newie if you write it off ?, or do you only get market value ?? .. just curious.
(15-10-2014, 11:40am)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: I still reckon Shannon's is the best that I've found, but horses for courses.
Just out of interest.......MT09?
I had my heart stuck on a MT09. I'd read all about them, watched every utube clip, every overseas review. I waited patiently until my local dealer had one available for a road test which took several months. The money was burning a hole in my pocket, I couldn't wait. My first NEW bike. The triple cylinder engine, the vast torque, the light weight, excellent styling. I had worked out which exhaust I was going to install, which happened to be the one which belched flames out....I went out and bought a new helmet to match the colour of bike I had preselected.
And then I rode one.
I don't mean to hijack this thread, or to insult anybody, but wasn't I disappointed.
IMO, what a bucket of siht.
Engine vibrations reminiscent of an old 600cc thumper, maybe worse. Switch gear made by Chinese pre-schoolers, stability and handling of a postie bike, seat made of granite etc etc.
To say I was less than impressed is putting it mildly.
I suppose I shouldn't of expected anything else for $11,999 ride away.
So what was I to do. The only other bike that had interested me over the years was the Hayabusa.
I started looking around for bikes in my price range, being the 12K in my pocket.
And so it came to be, 4 months ago I bought my 2010 Hayabusa from Peter Stevens in Ringwood for $12K, including new tyres and Yoshi's, only 2000 kms on the clock and had it shipped to Adelaide.
So for the same money, I got myself a virtually brand new Busa, and haven't looked back.
I have seen only 2 MT-09's on the road since I've had my new bike, and I just smile in my helmet as I pass them.

Certainly no offence taken....... but it really sounds like you got a dud model.
It really is each to his own, but being an old fuggar, driving a truck 5-6 days a week, I can't afford to get caught for speeding. The busa (on my 4th) is a fun thing to ride, but it likes to go fast. It's not fun having to keep 1 eye on the speedo, doesn't make for a fun ride. It's gotta be about the fun.
I bought a ZX9 and streetfightered it. I thought that'd be fun, but it's too revy.

As long as the MT09 does what I want it to do, that's what's important. Biker

(15-10-2014, 07:53pm)Dale Wrote: I just googled the MT-09 as I wasn't familiar with it ..

Looks like a darn good wheel-stand machine Coolsmiley

Can't say it's my cup of tea, but each to their own.

Back to your original comment .. Famous Insurance .. They are only cheap for us old fellas Pi_tongue. I got a quote from them, and then gave the price to Youi who came close to matching it. I stayed with Youi as I still have another year of "new for old" on my policy.

Does Famous replace your bike with a newie if you write it off ?, or do you only get market value ?? .. just curious.

Hiya Dale,

I had done all the research on the MT....... my thoughts the same as yours, the seat is a bit hard, but new. Hoping it'll soften up with wear. It is a good wheelie machine, Std (middle) mode brings the front up in 2nd just on power. Didn't try A mode. The bike also only had 950kms on it.

Yeah they said it's only for over 40's......... it is new for old!
Hopefully I'll not have to see how good they are for claims....... Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4