Tell us a few unusual things you do
(21-10-2014, 07:24pm)DjPete Wrote: My interests in order of priority at the moment would be..
Parkour, My Web Design Hosting Business, Mobile DJ Biz (Gunna be the oldest DJ in Melb soon), The Bike.
I'm pretty self centered I think. :-( (Possibly read as selfish lol)

BUT my mum passed away a few months back and for the first time in my life I have taken up volunteer work at her old nursing home.
Only been doing it for a couple of months but enjoying it so far.
I only go every f/n for a few hrs and at the moment I help in The Mens Group. We do various activities every time and they get to open up and chat etc. So there ya go there's something you didn't know about me.

Next I may join the God Squad. lol. Are they still going??

well done peteClap
my wife works at an aged care facility, the stories she has told me , I feel so sad sometimes for the residents , but also smile , with tears in my eyes.
I want to take my dogs to the place she works at, but I'm always bloody working.
the aged are often forgotten
[Image: 583b3abf-1.jpg]
yep a little sad but rewarding too. Most of them are pretty able although there are moments. Just little things like I was helping a fella last week back and his jumper was up and I could see his nappy, I nearly teared up right there and then lol. BUT so far it's a win win and I hope it stays that way.

I am lucky I work from home so have the time to do this.
I've also put my name down to bring my Cavoodle (dog) in too, would love to do that, if he doesn't go mental, he can get jumpy when excited. Also they go on a bus ride every week once for lawn bowls and the other for coffee and cake at a cafe. Said I could help with that too if needed.

It's not a depressing place really, it's one of the better places with huge parkland, not that the oldies can use it, but nice environment.

I have often thought about doing something like this, must be as we get older you sort of want to contribute rather than take take take like we are conditioned to do.

I admire these people that do charity work and stuff without any recognition. There IS plenty of good out there, we just need to remind ourselves sometimes.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Yep
I reckon you gotta put a bit back in.
Some how, some way.
I teach twice a year at a maritime Tafe college. Certainly wouldnt do it for the money! and it takes up most of my leave.
But the guys are always so grateful to get the help. Sometimes its the biggest step in their lives and gets them on the path to better qualifications and a better life.
Its a good feeling when I drive up the hill on my way home at the end of the course.
Tafe colleges are great and need support from hands on people.
Ive seen the dogs that people to take to the oldies, thats a great thing to do, I reckon.
what do you teach Rob? Good one.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here