Fuel filter
I may be a little paranoid but my Busa seems a little less quick off the mark....probably me and I was wondering if it could be my fuel pump filters beginning to clog up. My bike has just over 17k on it....2010 so it may just be me being an old fart.

Anyway I know Revhead did a mod where the internal filter is removed by splitting the pump case. I got to thinking about how to maybe do it without splitting the case as this may be problematic re sealing it again.

Anyone think it is possible to remove the filter....I'm assuming its a paper type one...by using a cutting device to chew it up small enough to get it out of the supply or delivery out let?

Perhaps a small drill or blade of some kind? A guy I know is getting a cheap aftermarket pump for a GSX600 as his is possibly clogged up... and on another forum I visit some have had good results using these. So get one of those remove the Busa one and experiment??
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Just use the oxy mate. That'll open her up for ya...
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Oxygen boost?...not a bad idea but where to fit the cylinder? lol!!
(26-10-2014, 12:39pm)Aussie Steve Wrote: so it may just be me being an old fart.

So the post was actually just a rhetorical question }:-)

Somebody has a tag line I like, but I forget who (dementia rules) - Ride more, worry less
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
No... wondered if anyone had tried drilling the paper one out thereby bypassing it without splitting the plastic case. I have since found one that entails drilling an alternative hole through the case thus bypassing the filter without actually removing it. This has a disadvantage of leaving a filter in place that can disintegrate over time.

Far better, I would have thought, to try and remove as much as possible someway...perhaps a bent rod fitted through the alternative hole to break up the filter and remove it in smaller pieces. Any thoughts?
keyhole surgery is unlikely to remove all the old material , last thing you want is a piece stuck in your pump mid corner

try a flow test first your filter may be fine , or if you picked up a problem early backflush it a few times and reuse
otherwise get a new filter

i realy dont like the external filter much, i have to use them on my turbo stuff and its a PITA to get the hoses so they dont kink as you close the tank and its so much more succeptable to undertank temperatures,
Its about time Suzuki...and probably others had a filter, which IMO is a consumable as apposed to a fuel pump that is not, that is easily serviced.