Riding home annnnnd crash
So riding home yesterday I had a slight incident. By slight I mean there is a red 'P' plate car in the Tuggeranong area that is a c**t. He cut off two cars which skidded to a halt and myself on the busa and a mate on his Honda hit the car in front of us.
It was a nice ride home until then.
The ute that we hit stopped, and then behind us there was a collision so they stopped, but after seeing me go flying through the air the 'P' plater just drove off... Jerk.
So now the busa is going to CMC to see if it can be repaired, it wasn't so much hitting the car which did the damage, it was having a CBR500R + rider land on it that really damaged it.
The exhaust and whole fairing front end was damaged, not to mention the tank shroud and I was leaking something as well, so fingers crossed it can be repaired, if not I'll need another awesome buy!
It sucks because the busa meet isn't far away and I don't know what's going on yet with it... Who know, hopefully I'll make it.

Do you guys know how much damage they can repair before they write off a bike?
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
Hey pix, glad your okay mate....

write off's are normally dependent on both the cost and if structural damage is done.

sounds like your is more cosmetic, but that can still cost a fortune (I think a replacement tank is about $2K). Some insurance policies can offer your choice to repair?? My 99 got written off with a few scratches and a effed front panel (a 2cm crack) but only because they couldn;t find anyone that was willing to respray teh custom pain job for me.

if bike is ridable (and legal) you may be able to stretch out assessment like I did. Rode my 99 for 2 months AFTER I started claim process lol, but stopped riding as soon as I was told it was being written off.

See ya at Tathra dude (and mrs dude LOL)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I hate hearing stuff like this......I hope you are not too physically (or financially) beat up after this incident, Sean!?!
Hopefully you can get it all sorted and up and running again just in time for the BB maybe?!?
That's bad news mate, but at least you're ok.
Let's hope the damage can be easily fixed.
sounds like a rough area similar to where I am Broadmeadows. lol.
I told the insurer (from the person who was at fault) who asked me how much I thought the damage was, that I thought the forks were bent and because he normally does cars he said ok we'll probably right it off. That was for the recent accident on the blue black 02. And they did right it off although it was really all cosmetic.. Pic to come

[Image: eogwbHu.jpg]
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Glad you are both okay.
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)