Oversensitive Pansies
In view of few recent incidents I thought it worth throwing an open discussion about what have we become. By "we" I mean an Australian man. This is not about a political correctness so please hold your comments about not including the fairer side of our population. This is about a good old fashion ozzie blokes only. I have been living here only for just over 30 years but still remmember that when I got there fresh from Europe the Australians were very relaxed, friendly and what I liked most - straight forward. No bulshit, beating around the bush but just plainly saying how it is. Like it or not. That was healthy, honest and plainly good. You could call our mate a shithead when he was acting like one, then have a beer and just carry on. And if you needed help just after you called him a shithead, he was still there to give you a hand. No one was getting upset about every little f*#king thing like now. No mater what you say, or how you say it, you are going to upset someone these days. Well, I say that is tough shit, but what I can not understand is when an adult man starts acting like a 5 years old throwing a tantrum just because he didn't like someone's comment. It does not matter here whether the comment was based on facts or opinions but acting like that always reminds me a little boy in a sandpit that gathers his toys and goes away saying "I am not going to play with you anymore!" That is not how a grown up man suppose to act. For me, the first thing would be at least sorting the facts so there is no misunderstanding before anything else. After that you can either have a fight or get drunk together but not acting like a little snotty princesesss.
John Williamson sings the very beautifull song - "True Blue". Just listen to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceWKrsJX9N4

How do we measure to that? So what any one thinks about a question - Are we becoming a bunch of pansies or what?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
The "Digger" was a well respected figure on the battlefield. He was known to get in and get the job done, no blowing of horns or self congratulations afterwards, the job just had to be done...
The Australian ingenuity came about from standing on our own 2 feet and making something we wanted, again teh job just had to be done...
Aussie humor I think is unique in that we made jokes of ourselves before anyone else.... Yes even us Tasmanians with our sisters for wives and 2 heads LOL...
Disagreements were short, hard and normally painful but once it was sorted out there was no "come back", retribution or whining...

So yes shifu, "us" male Aussies are loosing what was making us uniquely Australian in my eyes... PC, social media, 15 seconds of fame, boys acting more like girls and a lot of other reason or excuses, but in the end the Ocker is becoming a rare breed.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I agree with you both.
(cant hit the 'like' button - I know Petes working on it!)
I think it must be the 'social media' thing where you say the worst things about someone but can then hide behind an anonymous name?
Strange that you picked the most recent version of "true blue" to demonstrate your point in this topic mate. You do know that the words have been changed (pussyfied) from the original don't you? You might have been better off using a slightly different Aussie tune as an example. Like this one....
[video=youtube]http://http://youtu.be/_z--E9OeuJE[/video]
That was meant to be a link to Frenzal Rhom's "punch in the face". Stupid bloody iPad!

Ps: I completely agree!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Couldnt have said it any beter!
You can't even have a go at someone who screwed up in case they have a cry!
When I was an Appretice you were told what to do! if that meant up to your wast in the surage pit to hook up a pump for removal
then on with the waders and in you went! now its more would you please, If they don't want to you do it your self cos
you can't make em! they useually have a cry.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Maybe it is because living is getting easier?

Before you tell me how hard life is just think about it...

We don;t have to worry about if we have drinkable water, much less running

We don't have to worry about if we have power in our homes,

We don't have to worry if the shop HAS food in it to buy, and if we have any money to buy it,

We don't have to worry about trying to get where we need to go without transport or even roads

We don't have to worry that the cut in our hands will kill us due to infection

We don't have to worry that our neighbors will kill us,

So as these worries for basic survival get less and less we fill them up with complaining about less important stuff until we are at the stage where we bitch and whine about trivial things and forget how lucky we are

Theory in working...... LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

My missus always has a moan about having to do the clothes washing.
Somehow she never sees the light side of it when I tell her that lifting clothes into and out of the machine does not constitute washing them, and the next time I see her beside a stream thrashing them against a rock, or wearing her fingers to the bone rubbing them against a wash board I'll have sympathy for her.
I'm not too sure what her reply generally is, because it's at this stage that I have to prove my strength, endurance and manhood by running my pansy ass away as fast as humanly f*&^ing possible..........who's with me?????
didn't I see you running on TV... towards a river or something? LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

All I'm seeing is manhood, bone rubbing and thrashing your missus against a rock.....am I missing something???
Nice one Shifu, As a New Zealander, the sentiments are the same over here.

When I was three my folks flew me over to Aussie on one of the last TEAL flights, Lockheed Electra turboprop Christchurch to Sydney and I spent the formative years of my life in Sydney, then Brisbane and even lived in Canberra for a while, my dad worked for television back then. Remember 'Skippy the bush Kangaroo' ? Didn't have TV in NZ but Australia did !

My mum got pregnant again, guess my dad liked rooting, like we all do, and ...we flew back to NZ '68 aboard the shiny fast Air New Zealand DC-8 in the late '60s.

Funny how everything changes but it all remains the same including, the speed Jet air-liners travel.

The new one's just use less fuel and are a bit quieter
(11-11-2014, 01:34pm)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: My missus always has a moan about having to do the clothes washing.
Somehow she never sees the light side of it when I tell her that lifting clothes into and out of the machine does not constitute washing them, and the next time I see her beside a stream thrashing them against a rock, or wearing her fingers to the bone rubbing them against a wash board I'll have sympathy for her.
I'm not too sure what her reply generally is, because it's at this stage that I have to prove my strength, endurance and manhood by running my pansy ass away as fast as humanly f*&^ing possible..........who's with me?????

f***!!
You're totally fearless, mate.
If I even thought that I'd have no chance of even running away!
'Dark Cloud' would have taken my kneecaps out already.
I'm going to erase this thread just in case she finds out I'm reading stuff like this!!
Were you pissed?