KAPPA / GIVI Tanklock bags

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I like the idea of this..... Please keep feedback comng
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Ok, so after a month of daily use, (had it on a bit before my original post), my thoughts so far.

The mounting system has not shown any sign of fault or problem.
Usually I only have a bit of rain gear, work clothes, general items and spare visor in it, so a light to medium load. I did on one day need to throw in my rattle gun and a few other tools and it didn't have any problem with a bit of weight either. Probably would't make a regular habit of it though.

My only very small gripe would be when attaching the bag to the tank ring, the spring loaded mechanism engages with a suble click, rather than a solid CLICK. It makes no difference to the security of the engagement, I would just prefer a more definite or positive sound to let you know the bag is well and truly in place.

Overall I think it is a good system for light to medium loads, I have the 17/24 litre bag. I think it is a good option for those concerned about tank bags scuffing their tank or new bike owners who want to preserve that pristine paint.

I'll update this review with further good or bad after more daily use.
I've often considered a tank bag, given the amount of Kriega gear I've got and the tank strap system they have,
but......is it not a pain in the ass and in the way?

I've always opted for a backpack, but these days on the commute...I've always got Ania with me and she takes the backpack, but then there's the other problem of.....it's always full of her gear with barely room for mine (sorry Ania lol).

So back to considering the tank bag and my question.
I don't find it gets in the way, but it depends on the size and height of the bag.
By way of explanation I'll break it down into my different set ups:

Touring: Large to XL bag which does limit aggressive riding a bit.

Commuting: Medium bag which i hardly even notice is there. Only limits very aggressive riding, and not much at that.

Sport riding: X-small bag which has no effect on riding at all, unless you want to be chin on the tank setting speed records.

That's my take on tank bags, but of course everyone has their personal preference.
So I guess my answer to you question is no I don't find they get in the way as long as I choose the correct bag for the mode of riding to be done.
Hope that helps some. Very Happy
Thanks Kendo. Guess it is a personal preference, try for yourself type thing, but what you wrote does give me a better idea. I might pay a bit more attention tomorrow on my position and room I've got as I would really like to consider a tank bag. Thanks!.