Back to Books (ECU Programing)
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Hey Corpse...

Are you looking at the programming launguage of the ECU or just flashing it to suit your needs?

A 2 year pre-Uni course of computer programming would be the best way to know how to rewrite the coding but I am not sure why you want to do that???

On the other hand any good tech system out there (Woolrich Racing does a good one) allows you to modify nearly every compentent of the ECU and it's childs play to use. However, you NEED to have a very good understanding of the internal combustion motor and the effect each individual component has on it. Better to read up on Motor diagnostics and fine tuning, understand what, say a 5% drop in air or fuel at a specific RPM will do to Torque and/or power output or a deviation in advance/retard ignition....

think of playing with an engine like play chess... you can learn the moves in 15 minutes and be able to play a basic game, like learning how to service the motor and it still runs afterwards. But like chess it takes years of learning and experience to know how to master all the intricate details of the game.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
The old Kawasai is just too early to do anything with the std ecu
other stuff can be learnt from the ecu hacking web site for later models

If you seriously looking to step up the GPZ you may have to look at being satisfied with the usual cut the wire and /or fit a bigger turbo and/or put a PC from another model kawasaki on it

Or just put a standalone ecu on it and do just about anything its capable of , something simple like a microsquirt v3 should run that fine and have boost control options
Maj with the microsquirt does that replace the standard ECU or is it an add on?

My biggest problem at the moment is that all of this is a little like the dark arts, I have some background with motors and building engines but the finer detail is what is needed now. (I just cant leave stuff alone! I want to turbo the busa late next year).
Her job is to Bitch!

start with something like this....

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=lDLh...&q&f=false

and this....

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=9N0...CCwQ6AEwAA

they are only a starting point to start building your knowledge
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Take Maj's advice. There are other options but Maj knows his Kawasaki 750's!
OH Camel I have every intention of following his advice, Ive priced up the micro v3 and its added to the list
of purchases next year.

And Thanks Batty thats given me a good place to start, Ive got a good book on turbo's comming to help
me pick the correct unit for what I want this bike to do. I PM you when Im in Launceston (land on the 15th) hopfully catch up for a beer.

Thanks one and all
Her job is to Bitch!