Mobile speed cameras
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Depends on how they've set it up.

However the number of rear facers over here seems to be on the rise

Easier to hide I suppose Frown
The mobile cameras can be set up to photograph either the front or rear of the vehicle plus, from what the neighbour says that works in the mobile camera section of the RMS, it can also be set up to photograph oncoming vehicles too. All done at a distance of up about 200 metres.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
One may need to research the benifit and numerous applications of sheets containing a liquid crystal that can be either clear or opaque at the push of a button. I know it is used on windows for privacy applications, wonder what else it can be used for .....;)
There are many products that can distort or hide a number plate but be warned.... The cost of being caught with one is high, at least here in Tassie, and you could get caught under the hooning laws which means ur bike is confiscated. The cost is about $2K to get ur bike back.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Of course mr fink. I would never dream of breeching the policies of our great land and I'm shure all the modifications on the bikes of all these good motorcycle riding citizens are all 100% above board and legal.
Plus I have always preferred a flip up plate operated by a central locking servo unit lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I looked into the "Electric Glass" a while back for this usage, but it is not ideal.
Some points:
1) Most operate on 110V
2) The glass is opaque when switched off, meaning it requires constant power under most circumstances.
3) Min. thickness is 4mm.
4) Relatively expensive.
5) As the glass would sit nearly flush with the plate, the reflective properties of the plate are still strong even through frosted glass and the plate may still be visible when "Flashed".
It was at around this stage that I stopped enquiring.................
Mmm gotcha. I do recall seeing a liquid crystal window used on a maybach that was completely black that could go clear. Can't find any suppliers for this tech though.