Dropping out of gear at high rpm
Hi folks.

My bike has developed this weird problem where if I try to change from 5th to 6th, it will drop out of gear for a second before going back to 5th.

Usually only happens at 5-6k+ rpm, and its only 6th (although I think its done it with 4th as well).

Oil was changed ~ 500km before this started happening, but it was good quality 10w-40 so Im sure thats not the issue.

Worn gears maybe? The bike only has 35000km on it though...
Any ideas?

Ive also tried adjusting the shifter so I can push it up more on upshifts, but that did not change anything.
First to second is more common with worn dogs and or bent shift fork but any of them can do it

Be sure your shifter is not contacting anything limiting its stroke , and it may be worth a look in the selectors to see if the mechanism (detent and pawl )is all operating correctly , i think its more likely in this area than forks and dogs if its going back to 5th

5-6 uses 2 forks and gears on opposite sides of the box , its a slower shift , and any time i have not selected 6th properly have found a false N , sort of whats making me think the shifter and not further in the gearbox
I have raised this topic before as I had a similar problem finding either false neutrals between 5th and 6th or a "ratatat" before it drops back into 5th.
I have put it down to me being a bit lazy with my shifts as if I make a point of positively shifting, it doesn't do it.
I also noted that recently I fitted different pegs and I adjusted the gear and brake levers to their optimum position for my riding style, and it has not occurred since.
All the times I had a false neutral between 5-6 it has been more an "operator error" lol or lazy foot syndrome of not engaging gear fully before relaxing. I also fixed mine by spending 20 minutes fine tuning the lever position for my riding style
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
The shift drum gets hung up on the shift star's point and falls back to 5th. The 5-6 is going past neutral (in a round about way!) , so like most have suggested needs a good "flick" with the boot.

Leonard.