(not so good) vibrations
Are the handlebar dampers/rubbers a consumable item?

I'm finding it's taking a long time for my hand (left ) to come back to normal after a ride

There is definitely movement in the handlebar holder
Which I assume is normal, but there is more on one side than the other
Dear Somebodyelse,

in short, the entire bike is a consumable item.

Unusual to replace handlebar mounts.

I wouldn't ride the bike until I got that handlebar 'movement' looked at. Could be a number of things. Need to know more about the bike, age, gen, etc.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome

Camel
As camel said... everything is eventually a replaceable item.

When you say the handlebars move do you mean independently of the block or with the block that seems to have excessive movement on one side?

The block is held in place by rubber mounts and rubber deteriorates with age and use. Those blocks are under constant vibration movement plus the stress of turning when the bike is NOT moving. Just think of the force you are using to turn the bars with 130+ kg on the front wheel. While you have the bars off you can look at risers, helibars and a blinged up block LOL

I have issues with my right hand but it is from a neck condition. While loosing sensation, or getting pins and needles, is normal from long riding it shouldn't be too bad for short runs. Many, including myself, has found cheap assed chinese foam overlay grips help a lot as the extra padding allows more blood flow in the fatty part of your palm (below your little finger). Try to see if your hand issues are a symptom of either nerve or blood flow, various methods can be tried and the foam overlay is aimed at more the blood flow.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(19-02-2015, 09:45am)somebodyelse Wrote: Are the handlebar dampers/rubbers a consumable item?

I'm finding it's taking a long time for my hand (left ) to come back to normal after a ride

There is definitely movement in the handlebar holder
Which I assume is normal, but there is more on one side than the other

Don't worry about it mate..... Handle bars are overrated anyway Boobies4
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
I'm now thinking that it may have to do with lifting it off the side stand on that side

will take it in to get looked at.

Will try to control myself
Or it will just look like I'm trying to justify some lowering blocks

and where would that lead?
maybe just a tiny swingarm extension ...

oh my...
SPONGE GRIPS..

:-)
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Well, pulled dampers out, looked at them, compared ones on suspect side to other side, couldn't tell one from the other,scratched head.
Put the whole thing back together again with the same bits*, with the intention to take to a professional.
Found problem to be resolved.
Am none the wiser.

But will lookout for spongy grips anyway.

(* with the exception of one washer which was replaced due to losing it into the fairing on reassembly.)
could have just been a seating issue... something not quite in/on it's seat properly from last pulling apart (previous owner) which left more play/movement than normal. I know I have had to re-assemble a few bits because they just felt wrong after putting them back together.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!