Gen 2 Oil Filter
I'm doing a service on my gen 2 and the oil filter I'm removing is part number 16510-07J00, and the new one is 16510-03G00. Can someone confirm that this is the correct filter.......sitting here with oily hands waiting....lol

Never Mind, apparently they are the same.......
I would say you are fine..

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=16510...2&ie=UTF-8

seems to be a superseded number?
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/su...03G00.html
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
I would just like to state, that I categorically hate the stupid pox ass shitty bullshit design of the Gen 2 fairings.
And for those people that say you can remove them and re-install them in 27 seconds without putting a mark on them, well done............
I have just spent near on the last 4 hours performing an oil and filter change.
I admit that I'm anal about my possessions, and I generally take more care than most on these kind of jobs, and I also did a few other items like air filter, chain lube, throttle free play etc, but it really is THE worst design I've seen on any bike.
Even after all of the care I've taken, I still have gaps that I'm not happy with.
Now I know why the service schedule only calls for a filter change at 18,000 km intervals...
Rant Over......
You do know you can gently spread the fairings sufficiently to remove the filter without removing the whole lot?...oh perhaps not. I am with you re the Suzuki fairings... one of the dumbest mounting systems yet...could have been oh so much simpler.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
fully agree re PIA taking the fairings off. AND i TRIED TO WORK OUT DOING THE FILTER WITH FAIRINGS ON AND THERE WAS NO WAY i COULD SEE THE FILTER WOULD EVEN SLIP BELOW THE EXHAUST HEADERS.
Sorry caps lock.
You are almost gteed to damage the fairings every time you remove, idiotic system
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
u talkin about sex or the Busa fairings?
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Those screws on the gen 1 hindered wind resistance hence the gen 11 fairings....all but a headache..
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I agree taking the fairings off should be something to attempt but with all the care in the world those pathetic fasteners are generally only good for two or three removals before they break. a much better system would not be too difficult to do. and a machine that needs the fairings removed to do most of the general maintenance this should be their next step. Anyway in a couple of years I will probably trade mine in on the latest Guzzi California....or the new Norton....or maybe not....
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast