No Superman
Kosso,
I have been trying to find you but didn't want to make a big deal about your spill on Facebook.
We were so sorry to hear about your off on that ride.
By the time we found out we were told that you had ridden back already.
Put a real dampener on our ride, we were all sorry to hear about it.

Hope there wasn't too much damage.
Hopefully we all learn a little from our prangs and get that little bit wiser.
I was knocked out on my last prang so pretty annoying because I have learnt not much from it. I do know that where I was hit I know that intersection inside out and always am careful of cars coming through the stop sign. But still it happened that day.

Anyway glad you are ok and hopefully see you again.
PS We have a ride this Sat..
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Ok, a quick one from me.

Many moons ago, (1998 to be precise), I was sitting at my local in Innisfail on a Friday night, being responsible having left my car and bike at home.
4-5 hours into a good drinking session, under immense peer pressure, I was convinced that I needed to go home and bring back my bike to perform some burnouts in the front bar. (Not that uncommon back then in this pub).

A cab was called and I got home ready to unleash the beast.

(A little background: the bike was an FJ1200 with a big bore kit and huge carbs, an extended swing arm, only a bikini fairing, and a straight out 4 into 1 system. The house I lived in was atop the steepest hill I have ever seen in a place called Flying Fish Point, the road from here to the pub being a beautiful windy 10 km's).

Back to the story.
Barely able to walk at this stage, (pissed out of my brain), I proceeded to start the bike, but I just couldn't get the thing started. It had never let me down before, I just couldn't understand it.
My only option at this stage was to roll it down the hill and jump start it.
I reckon I dropped the clutch at least a dozen times rolling down that hill to no avail.
By the time I got to the bottom I was nearly exhausted from the effort and frustration.
As this was seriously cutting into my drinking time, I decided to park her up on the side of the road and hitch back into town.
After being boo'd on my arrival back at the pub for turning up with no bike, and drinking a bit longer, I stayed at a friends place that night.
The next day I headed home, and as we turned into my street, I saw my bike laying on it's side next to the road.
This is when I remembered what had happened.
I went over, and between the 2 of us there, we managed to stand the heavy old girl up. The side stand had sunk in the grass, and she had slowly tipped over, hitting the tank on a star picket on its way down.
The keys were still in the ignition.....(how pissed)....
I threw a leg over, turned the ignition on, and at this point I noticed the kill switch was in the off position.
Now I never use the kill switch, still don't to this day.
I have to assume that the "Kill Switch Fairy" was looking after me that night, because I can be quite certain that I would NOT have made it into town that night.......

Since that day, I swore that I would never ride with drink in me, and I hadn't, the only exception being 2 occasions recently when I've been out with other members of this forum, and then it's been a couple only.

Truth be known, 2 pints is too many for me because even at that, I notice the red mist starts to decend, so from now I'm making it 1.

Read and heed folks.....................
(03-03-2015, 11:24am)Djpete Wrote: Kosso,
I have been trying to find you but didn't want to make a big deal about your spill on Facebook.
We were so sorry to hear about your off on that ride.
By the time we found out we were told that you had ridden back already.
Put a real dampener on our ride, we were all sorry to hear about it.

Hope there wasn't too much damage.
Hopefully we all learn a little from our prangs and get that little bit wiser.
I was knocked out on my last prang so pretty annoying because I have learnt not much from it. I do know that where I was hit I know that intersection inside out and always am careful of cars coming through the stop sign. But still it happened that day.

Anyway glad you are ok and hopefully see you again.
PS We have a ride this Sat.
Thanks Pete...your one of the gentlemen of this club...back marker. .and last rider returned to look after me but I was ok..at the moment getting work done to my bike..suspension..to my weight ..service..then paint Job. .it anoys me a scrached hayabusa..they are a majestic bike..have to keep them pretty)
Hopefully see you soon Kozzo.
:-)
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
(03-03-2015, 07:22pm)Djpete Wrote: Hopefully see you soon Kozzo.
:-)

Thanks Pete..
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
That reminded me of one
used to commute to the farm on an old RD 400 ,
one day going home late in the day , truck coming towards me all of a sudden becomes 2 on a narrow country road
and no choice but to as Corpse said , "Thread the needle " just hoping there was no third truck

i still get edgy when i see someone peeking around a truck coming at me
Can someone remind me why we enjoy to ride)
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!