Shannons
Dale,yes I'm with Shannons.
Good price, no dramas with my mods and they were brilliant when I had an off and had to claim.
I did $8K worth of damage, thy let me choose repairer AND what parts I wanted to use for the repairs.
eg: WOODCRAFT stator cover instead of the OEM, ASV levers over the OEM, I damaged the wheels too so they had to be remachined then repainted so they allowed me to go polished and custom paint. NO extra charge.

After I got the bike back I was up for renewal, it came back and was $78 cheaper again, even after the crash LOL
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Hi Dale, my BlackMax is pretty heavily blinged. Was with QBE for years then they not only got greedy, even with a concise list of modifications they devalued the bike from $23k to $17k in one year.
Rang around, found Shannon's who agreed to $23k and pay monthly and only $821 a year. which was only $75 more than QBE were trying to stiff me for. Have since also insured our restored and heavily modified 80 series Landcruiser with Shannon's for a great price that also got us a discount of what we are paying for the bike. Love Shannon's.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I did, a bit expensive.
Yes
Thanks heaps guys,
Sounds like the general consensus is shannons are worth the bit extra they may charge. I am with Youi and have never had to make a bike claim, however I have had to make claims for the car and the house contents when we were robbed and they were quick to respond on both counts. I'll definitely look into Shannons a bit more .. Pi_thumbsup
Save your money Dale, I just have bomb insurance with suncorp on both my bikes and they were great with my off on the Busa, they paid the car I slid into as soon as the driver gave them the quote, $1000 for me to buy a new original fairing and extras to get it back on the road. I'm still miles ahead lol
I have 5 bikes insured with Shannon's,
Including mods and extra's.

They are not set in stone about their no
"Daily commuting" clause but its not something they promote
I have other cars but do use mine for work on occasions.

Been with them a few years.
Always very helpful and knowledgeable on the phone
and very easy to deal with.
(10-12-2013, 11:21pm)06BUSA Wrote: Save your money Dale, I just have bomb insurance with suncorp on both my bikes and they were great with my off on the Busa, they paid the car I slid into as soon as the driver gave them the quote, $1000 for me to buy a new original fairing and extras to get it back on the road. I'm still miles ahead lol

Your a braver man than me Chris. I wouldn't think bomb insurance on a 12 month old bike would be too wise. I reckon if the wind blew it over there would be more than $1000 damage.
I'm with Shannon's as well including 3K for riding gear & bit and pieces & found then good value for money compared to others

I also have my Nissan Patrol insured with them as well as they are one of the only Insurance companies to cover your vehicle once you go bush. Plenty of insurance companies cover your vehicle if you go bush as long as the tracks you are on are on a map or are designated gravel roads....but Shannon's will cover your vehicle as long as it's on Australian Soil regardless of the location.

Food for thought for you guys that have a 4x4...
I recon shannons would be the go!Pi_thumbsup
I got a quote from them for
2012 busa + extras
2009 Harley cross bones + extras
2002 Nissan + extas
1984 Toyota cruiser ute + extras
and the minister of war and finance's kia rio
and they recon it would only be $2500 a yearTrophy
Then I had to tell them that I got done for pissy steering and they wont insure me for 12months after i get licence backPi_thumbsdown
But when time comes round again ile go with them.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Just as a heads up! Just insured my bikes and the cruiser with Shannons!
2013 Busa+ extras
2008 Harley softail crossbones + Extras
1984 Landcruiser FJ45 + shit load custom work
$1500 the lot!
Taking into account my pissy steering and one speeding ticket me thinks
that ain't to bad!
I spoke with a woman and she knew what I was talking about with all three vehicles and even asked about the others in the first quote from 18 months ago!

Swan wanted 1200 just for the Busa!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
I am insured with shannons and have had no dramas. i pay $700 a year which comes out in monthly payments. not too badly priced after throwing my first busa down the road and had quite a few decent speeding tickets lol. they were pretty quick to pay out after writing off my bike and automatically get covered for 3g of gear insurance on top.
I had both the Duke and the Busa insured by Shannons...Way to expensive , you would think insuring both I would get a Discount...Never Again...Cheers Mosh
I had 5 bikes and my Land Rover Discovery insured with Shannons, I bought the misses a brand new Subaru Forester it cost me $80 dollars to insure the brand new Forester for 5 monthes (for it to line up with the rest of the policies). Shannons give great discounts if you have 7 vehicles insured. Out of all my vehicles the Gen 2 with full comprehensive is the most expensive at around $580, the other four bikes are just over $200ea for limited use. Even the track bike is insured while stored and transported on the trailer to the track.
I recently got insurance with Shannon's as they were the cheapest deal I could find for my 2013 at just over $600. Don't know what they are like to deal with when claiming and I hope I never have to!
G'day
Yep, Shannons again, still the cheapest for my two...and on the only unfortunate time I had to claim, the claiming was painless (less so the injuries :))
Shannons $971 for two
NRMA over $1000 for each
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus