Clutch Slave Cylinder. ..
The first gear can be just clunky on any bike even if nothing is mechanically wrong with it. It is just a degree of "clunkiness" that would indicate an issue. Many factors can contribute to it like thick oil on a cold morning, bent selector fork or dragging clutch. If the fluid level in reservoir was low it means that it leaked somewhere. If you didn't noticed near the master cylinder it just might be the loose banjo bolt or slave cylinder seal. It is not a big job to take the slave cylinder out, dismantle, clean it and change the seal. There is a lot of gunk and dirt that tends to accumulate around the engine's sprocket area especially when the bike is older, ridden in a rain a lot and the chain gets flooded with lubricants. Whether that is the problem it is impossible to say but having it serviced would be a good idea anyway.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I can help

All the junk on your front sprocket,chain
Work there way up into your handle bar
Reservior, past the clutch cylinder,over time
It wears,theres no condom on the end of shifter rod..

99'-07 clutch slave cylinders are interchangable
Mines a 01' busa, with a 07' clutch slave cylinder,
'12 has a metal plate protecting it
Its jus one of a few faults with busa.
Clean it,fill it,buy a new slave, & continue
Cheers guys
Got the rebuild kit fitted today..
Mechanic said original was indeed leaking..
Rode bike home and seemed better but still clunky engaging first gear..
Guess it's just my gearbox and i may live with it..
Seems clutch is engaging further out on the stroke of the lever than I'm used too
I've tried moving the adjuster on lever but doesn't seem to affect the bite point!
Any advice about this? ?
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Years ago as a very young apprentice mechanic, it was a godsend to have a never ending supply of fresh milk available to me each morning as I walked to work.
Those old enough should now what I mean.....
As far as I know there is no way to adjust the bite point on a hydraulic clutch. In the old days on British iron often there was an adjuster on the push rod but that has long been dispensed with. I suppose as the clutch wears the bite point begins to shift further and further out but the hydraulic action adjusts to this. If its a problem try pumping the clutch a couple of time before selecting first esp from a standstill.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Clutch can get an air lock in the banjo fittings , and loose lever stroke , maybe you had a little air in the system previously , limiting the amount of movement at the slave and contributing to first gear drag , and now a have full effective stroke
Think I've sorted the feel from the lever.
Got levers off eBay. ..
[Image: 20150413_151829_zpsjbx6xzku.jpg]

[Image: 20150413_151834_zps5vzye4kf.jpg]
I've got the same levers, Love em'.
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
This part , keeps your clutch push rod clean , and replace "the milk bottle mod. "
http://www.hayabusa-service.de/en/motor-...as-99-2012
Hayabusa is Fun,Fun is Dragrace
Speed on a Busa is also a Drug