IP/Trademark gurus
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Is there a trademarks register you can check on, you've probably already gone down that road??.
[Image: 32647a61-7be3-471b-86d7-d0d98f94cd5f_zpsipr8cakb.jpg]
Yes, checked both Ozland and USA but they are word specific so one wrong letter and my searches mean nothing. Was hoping someone with experience in this field ,Igor be about lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Counts me out then, lol.
[Image: 32647a61-7be3-471b-86d7-d0d98f94cd5f_zpsipr8cakb.jpg]
G'day
We registered our company logo as a trademark a dozen years ago, cost about $1,600 IIRC.
Does that help?
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

I own multiple trademarks in several classes. Go to http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/ and use the atmoss service to search
and apply.

Costs depend on chosen class(s) and type, but any word / image /combo can be applied for. Once an application goes through it is thoroughly checked first (but make sure you do this yourself first), your application is then advertised publicly in the IP services, and anyone has the right to oppose your application within that given time. Registration is for 10 years once accepted.

Trademark infringement does come down to what class and service is applied and if it could possibly
cause confusion to a consumer thinking the brands are the same. eg: if a company called Batfink was a motorcycle manufacturer and you registered Batfink as a motorcycle accessories brand...you will get sued. But if you registered Batfink as a clothing brand...there is no issue as the trades/services and classes are uniquely different.

I had the Sony Corporation try to bully me at one stage but through my wits and education, shoved it right up them.
They had a team of IP solicitors with a big budget.....I spent 50c on a stamp and won the case in a single letter!
They have the brand CyberShot, and I owned the Brand CyberStyle...both accross the same industries and services.
Thanks for info BB, and I am now at the stage of self research before looking at registration application. Hence the thread lol

I can't see the name "Batfink" or logo below or even the saying "wings like a shield of steel" being associated with automobile industry or specifically the 4x4 accessories industry lol

.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 10.82 KB / Downloads: 35)
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Try.

Hal Seeger Productions
45 West 45th St
New York, NY 10036
Phone: (212) 586-4311
Tony your are talking 3 trademarks there. 1 being Batfink, 1 being the logo, and 1 being "wings like a shield of steel"

The name "Batfink" you would want to register, the image logo is a TM but not worth the $$ to register (logo's change over time) and the other is a TM.. again not worth the $$ to register. Batfink will carry the "R" mark no matter what (once registered and accepted) but the others will become an association of the registered trademark "Batfink", both carrying the copyright laws and TM symbol behind them...not the "R".

As an example, the saying "If seeing is believing, we can make you believe anything" is a trademark of myself and my associated "registered" Company and Partnership. As I have already used this in advertising, media and public display, It can not be argued against my rights and others can still infringe on this unlawfully....but technically I'm not legally protected. However I can prove it's association and establishment over the history of its use as my trademark. One day I will register it, but not until it's worth spending the money on the fees. The company name itself however is a registered Trademark.
Thanks somebody else, but Hal Seegar Productions shut down in the early 80's, there is a Hal Seegar Inc but I cannot find any association with the Batfink name.... but I did find Hal Seegar Studios Inc that is still active LOL

Good info BB, Neither the logo or name has the dreaded R associated with them... Is there a time limit of TM? The Batfink name was created in the early 60's and faded away by mid 60's even though we all grew up with cartoons....goods ole Ozland running decade old yankie crap LOL

Is it true if you change something by at least 25% it is no longer covered?? Or is it more the "spirit" of the TM that is protected? The registry sites indicate it is mainly the content rather than context.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1