TURBO OIL PROBLEMS
Should be a pretty good kit when sorted
what is used for mapping , flashed for boost or PC and FMU

Turbos have a bit of movement, in the shaft, as long as the compressor and exhaust wheels are not rubbing the housings and not pumping oil out when running thats normal movement

i would look at a hydraulic check valve on the supply side , what is fairly common is the oil fills the turbo after turning the bike off as it drains from the gallerys , then drips from the compressor (low side) or smokes when first gets heat after startup untill it burns clean
what scavenge pump, and ball bearing turbo can have down to .035 restrictor ,
(22-06-2015, 09:35pm)Maj Wrote: Should be a pretty good kit when sorted
what is used for mapping , flashed for boost or PC and FMU

Turbos have a bit of movement, in the shaft, as long as the compressor and exhaust wheels are not rubbing the housings and not pumping oil out when running thats normal movement

i would look at a hydraulic check valve on the supply side , what is fairly common is the oil fills the turbo after turning the bike off as it drains from the gallerys , then drips from the compressor (low side) or smokes when first gets heat after startup untill it burns clean
what scavenge pump, and ball bearing turbo can have down to .035 restrictor ,

pc & fmu...the oil builds up in the intake when the bike is running...with the air filter off you can see it in the intake..it must have a dodgy seal ...i may have to strip it ..seems strange for a brand new turbo
Turbos dont have a positive oil seal, there only a piston ring type of seal, its pretty much useless when the turbo is not spinning, and will leak immediately but slowly if the oil backs up to shaft level either stopped or spinning
so a good gravity drain or scavenge is needed, and if there is not somewhere for the oil to go after shutdown it can back up and fill the compressor , pretty much unnoticed untill its running and will sling out of the compressor inlet in a spiral pattern
insufficiant scavenge can do similar, or blocked breather , or bike on rear stand

You would do better to flash the bike for boost , remove the FMU and replace with a 1:1 regulator and throw away the PC
What part of WA ? near enough to Perth to have a talk to Brett at Tokyo motorsport ?
(23-06-2015, 01:13pm)Maj Wrote: You would do better to flash the bike for boost , remove the FMU and replace with a 1:1 regulator and throw away the PC
What part of WA ? near enough to Perth to have a talk to Brett at Tokyo motorsport ?

Regardless of where you are in WA you won't go wrong making the effort to talk with Brett or even a phone call I've had good dealings with him in relation to flashing and I know one of my mates that had Brett sort his ZX10 Turbo out and is extremely happy with the outcome especially when he basically had to go back the start to sort it out after someone else hear in WA butchered it.

He's one of the good guys. Pi_thumbsup

Cheers Rev004.