Do you warm up your bike?
Stick with what you are doing now.these injected motors might be as smooth as when cold but your first train of though is good.i always give mine a minute or to at idle to get some heat/oil circulation then still take very steady for the first few km to get every thing warmed up.same goes for a cool down afterwards
Good question. I have heard the same conflicting views.
I always let it warm up until the temp needle has cracked the cold mark by a bit, and take it easy for a few kms until it has reached normal operating temp.
On really hit days not much warming up, more start bike then finish putting tear on.. Helmet, start music then glove
But yes, I do warm up bike just until temp needle moves. When bike sits for stops of a hour I don't worry about it unlike some that really get pedantic about warming up.
Old school mechanics always says to not over stress cold parts, and let's face it, these motors are under a lot of stresses when we ride with a smile lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
Since mine has been reflashed and some fuel has been taken out it can be a little rough if I just hit the button and go. But as soon as the temp gauge moves it's like a sewing machine so yeah always warm her up a bit before I go from cold
Always start them up then do up jacket,put on helmet,gloves and ride off gently
I dont warm my bikes or cars up but I dont drive/ride them hard while cold either. My Triton....if someone comes flying up my arse expecting me to drive it hard just to suit them....well they are welcome to a tow bar sandwich anytime...I purposely turned the hitch high so it would make a mess of most radiators, emblems, bonnets etc.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
(30-06-2015, 09:54am)itsmesteve Wrote: Always start them up then do up jacket,put on helmet,gloves and ride off gently

Same here.... Also ride off slow 'cause it's a quiet neighbourhood, especially at 0630 in the morning...
This also works Coolsmiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovhw-E9gRfU
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Start, open gate's tell the dogs to get back in the yard!, play with the dogs, helmet on gloves on, back her out ride out gate, close gate, then onto road and nail it! my neibourhood is semi industrial so its lawnmowers at 8 on a sunday and chainsaw's at 8:30!. It takes about 5-10min to get my bike out on the road if the minister is running the gate!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!