AHC flag competition
Wel Rod, if your version gets more likes than the original it might just go that way LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
If I may add my 2 cents worth of opinion, none of the presented proposals are suitable for a Club's flag. Let me explain why I think so. First of all, just consider for a while what the flag is. If you come across any difficulties let me help that the flag is a "symbol". As such it should be easily recognisable. Even in unfurled floppy state (as they mostly are). There is way to much writing on them (that will need reading before you know what it is). How many flags you know that have any writing on them and require reading? They more of a posters or placards than a flags.
In my humble view it should only have specific colours and the easy recognizable symbol. I am not sure what the colours should be - maybe that copper or blue, but the symbol of Hayabusa is the kanji. On that Club background?Traditional, easily recognasible.

Anyway that's my opinion on it.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"

Attached Files
.jpg   IMG_0895.JPG (Size: 37.56 KB / Downloads: 41)
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
I think Shorty makes a very good point talking about banners. They usually more visible than flags. Whether we need them in different colours (according to state) I am not sure. Maybe we should focus for now on a single design for AHC as a whole.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Great to see more activity on this topic as it got very stale at one stage.....

I slight disagreement with Shifu - a lot of Club flags have writing on them and technically the kanji is still writting just not english LOL

Personally I don't care if it's a flag or a banner as I was only thinking of something we can use to hang on a wall, pole or bike that could be seen as representing AHC. BTW a flag is just a specific type of banner LOL

i personally have a very large HD copy of the original Hayabusa launch banner thanks to MadMax. It is the copper/silver busa with a front view on one side and the rear view on the other side of banner.

Anyway.. keep up the ideas and if we can get something that makes everyone think AHC then I can run with it and see what we can get made for the next AHC get together.

Cheers
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Hey Batty I know it all comes down to price but have you thought about have something on both sides so it can be turned around

I have always liked the idea that DJ Pete suggested right at the beginning but I also like some of the other designs that have been put forward to how about a banner / flag with something different on each side.

[Image: 4pBQdjj.jpg]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20513]