New tyres going on..
(12-08-2015, 07:03pm)Batfink Wrote: Got to replace a rear for WA and thinking of going with the cheaper Bt016 or similar. The front is fine and would prefer to set it up for a set replacement next time?
Just got to be able to handle the straights of WA in Nov then the twisties of Tassie in Feb lol

You sure about the BT016 Batty? I found them really squirmy, especially when I poached onto the white line by mistake....needed an undie change after that...
The BT016 is great for Tassie roads as its a bit cooler here and they are classed in the sports section of the abridge stone range. Hence the 5-7K usage. I don't want to get a tyre that will out do the front plus, being a tight arse, I don't wanna spend $300 when I could spend $200 lol
But it's the guys in WA that can tell me better what's a good tyre for their roads?

Hoping the dealer might have a few tyres with no wear cause the buyer wanted "the best" rather than OEM tyres when they bought bike for cheap?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Well I've now done 700 k's on the new Angle GT's.. Have found myself more then comfortable doing twice + the recommended cornering speed, which was always a bit of a mental issue for myself after my crash back in the early days ... So still a thumbs up for these tires!!

Sent from the Interweb
Over 2k now on the Pirelli's and I am as happy as! I took them up the Oxley on Sunday and remain impressed. They even saved me from an over zealous testosterone fueled squirt... way to hot entering the corner! Braked hard, good grip, tipped in and out the other side in tact! Phew..... I really recommend the Pirelli Angel GT (A)...
From what I have heard both the Angels and Road 4 give a non lunatic rider about 15K riding.. after my cheapo tyre (looks to be a Dunlop Q2 now LOL) I will be putting a full set of either of those brands on... unless something shows to be even better by then
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(12-08-2015, 07:03pm)Batfink Wrote: Got to replace a rear for WA and thinking of going with the cheaper Bt016 or similar. The front is fine and would prefer to set it up for a set replacement next time?
Just got to be able to handle the straights of WA in Nov then the twisties of Tassie in Feb lol

You probably saw my post elsewhere Batty, but my BT016's are shagged after 4,400 kms, and the majority of it hill riding, not the straight flat roads of WA.
If you're are going to be riding 2 up, expect to get less than this too.
i got just under 6K on my OEM BTs lol
Actually looks like the Dunlop Q2 are the way I am going now.. got the double compound and should be good for 7K+ (fingers crossed)
This time I am not 2 up.. hence why the bike is going across on the back of the 4x4
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I know they are new, but has anyone had any experience with the Dunlop Roadsmart 3.
I've been looking around this morning and the sales dudes are keen to offer these as a suitable tyre for the Busa....
Never heard of the Roadsmart 3, and the Dunlop site only has a Roadsmart II which is rated for more a tourer than sports... Maybe they are confusing the new Q3 with the Roadsmart? Thats a good tyre for the busa by the looks of it and also why I am going for the older version Q2
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

They are really new, and no, they're not on the website yet but they do exist, I've just been to a shop to have a look.
They have a strange tread pattern, not bad, and they do lean more towards the sports / tourer category, along the same lines as the Pirelli Angel GT and the Michelin Pilot Road 4, which are the other two I'm considering at this stage.
I've been quoted $280 for the Road smart 3, $330 for the Angel GT, and between $280-310 for the Pilot Road 4.
Like everyone else, I want the best grip and best wear characteristics.
It's not too much to ask really is it??

Attached Files
.pdf   4787_001.pdf (Size: 122.82 KB / Downloads: 7)
They look good.. though I would prefer a tyre aimed a bit higher in the performance chart that Dunlop show. And Mono can get a rear Q2 to my door for $220 LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

I see that Dunlop have their advertising sorted for the Roadsmart 3 tyres now....
I've run about 400 km's on them now, and I can't notice any difference from the Bridgestone 016's I was running.
I hope I get a few more KM's out of them.
Here's a link:
http://www.mcnews.com.au/new-dunlop-road...tores-now/