New owner ride impression
thanks for posting your thoughts on the Busa, I'm still looking for a Jaffa coloured one , it will happen one day. Referring to your comments you may indeed require the suspension to be adjusted to suit you, as well as time to adapt.
Nice write up, keep us updated. stay upright
Alias Stu

Growing old happens.
Growing up is a choice!
Yes i liked your impressions to, especially about the handling. Very interesting.

First thing i did on my Gen1, i changed off the dangerous old Bridgestones to Michelin Pilot Power3. And i also use the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. I cannot make up my mind which i like best.

Also i have tried the 190/50 and the 190/55 rears.

At say 160kph, i have to use a lot of counter steer pressure on the outside bar through the bend.
I was thinking of the mod like they do on GSXR1000s with a 6mm spacer/washer in the rear shock top mount to quicken the steering a bit.
I put Michelin Power Super Sport tyres on my Gen1 for a track day with a 190/55 profile rear. This made the bike feel like it was 20kg lighter then my Gen 2 with 190/50 PR4's. The 55 profile rear made the Gen1 tip into corners real easy compared with my Gen 2 with the std 50 profile which needs extra force on the bars. I weighed both bikes and the Gen 1 was 1kg heavier then my Gen 2(Gen 1 w/twin Yosh slip ons 256kg, Gen2 Akra 4-1 255kg) both full of fuel.
I would say if you want better handling in the twisties go with the 190/55, if you want more stability when long distance touring stick with the 190/50(less wandering on the road).
Nice write up and comparisons.

For me each bike model is different, even sometimes the same model but different generations. Having had an 01, then 99 and now a 13 I can say my heart will always be with the 99 but my love of riding is 100% with the 13.
My next bike will be a cruiser, not to replace the busa but as a choice of ride lol, and while I will never ride a Harley again my initial idea of a M109 Boulevard is looking to be replaced by an Indian.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Good writeup, thanks.
Yes that was the first thing I noticed re back torque limiter. It can be very aggressive if you are not careful. I had a Gen 1 with the BTL welded up and it scared the shit out of me when I first hopped on my gen 2.
But I have no regrets about the gen 2. Does everything better and is more refined and together for me.

I agree with others re 55 rear tyre.
Although I didn't purposely change from 50 to 55 (My rears are ex track tyres so no choice) I did notice a big difference in cornering after it was fitted, tips in easily. Worth a go.
Cheers, Pete� Coolafro
Do not click here
Pockets describes the "tip in" when cornering a bit reluctant. I've found when chatting to very good riders some prefer say a Michelin front tyre or Pirelli front because of the different profile of the different manufacturers. Like the Michelin front may have a more rounded profile and the Pirelli more of a V profile. For me, mine tips in fine, I'll just change back to the 190/55 and give that combo another go.
If not a 55 on the back what about a 50 but have a link
removed from the chain ?
i did this years ago and for the cost $20 i try it next week with my gen 2
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
I initially found the ride position a bit hard on the wrists. I have since installed a 1inch riser and the ride position is a lot better. The 55 profile has definitely improved the cornering.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Just a note about changing the profile of an OEM tyre ftting. You will sacrifice traction and gain ride height for the sake of a "falling into corners" effect.
I suggest that every new owner of a used bike should reset the factory suspension settings straight away.
For my 5`8" and 75kg, the stock settings were perfect.

Also check your tyre pressures. 40 front, 42 rear. :-)
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
you can get the "falling into corners" better by not changing the profile of the tyre but the type of tyre you are running... The idea that the profile specs are what controls the curvature of a tyre isn't always right.. many riders have said there was no difference in curve even though they changed profiles..

I looked into this and talked to a lot of tyre people and this is what I found.

The arc of the cross section of a tyre is more effected by tyre type than profile, eg. if you get 2 tyre of the same brand and same profile (say 190/50) but of different types you will have 2 different arcs. A touring tyre will have a taller wall (bead to tread) than a sports/track tyre and this changes the arc. Taller the wall the broader the arc, smaller the wall tighter the arc. Generalyl a track/sports tyre has little to no wall making the arc a near 1/2 circle.
The profile will however give you the outer diameter of the tyre which can effect the final speed, as most of us know the speedo reads about 3% more than real speed so if you go up to a 190/55 your speedo will be a lot closer to your actual speed.
IMO... commuting with some weekend playing needs a sports/tour, long runs with minimal playing more a general tour, mainly playing with track time then a sports/track tyre. As the arc of the tour tyre is broader any small vertical change in bike will cover a larger lateral position on the tyre for wear making it last longer and wear more even while a track tyre with a harsh arc will stay on the same lateral tyre point until you dramatically adjust your vertical plane. Thats why say an Angel ST makes handling better but doesn;t have the life of an Angel GT and you can go from a 50 series St to a 55 GT and there is bugger all change in tyre arc
Of course then you have compounds, treads and pressures to argue about LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!