Clutch Slipping 2000 GSX 1300R
No one ever learned anything by doing right the first time!
I feel your frustration...both my clutch levers are around 10mm play and stay that way, even though one is much harder than the other...
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

(17-08-2015, 04:33pm)kev11e Wrote: I feel your frustration...both my clutch levers are around 10mm play and stay that way, even though one is much harder than the other...

I suppose if I could keep the free play I dont think that would bother me too much. Which one has a firmer pull?
G'day
The 99 - much firmer
Regards
Kevin
99 bus
15 bus

Get it on a dyno.
(07-09-2015, 09:29am)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Get it on a dyno.

I dont mean to sound like a wise guy but what will that do?
I think he means you can use it like a ride.. seeing if clutch gets bad after some time and you are not stuck in middle of nowhere?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(07-09-2015, 10:19am)Batfink Wrote: I think he means you can use it like a ride.. seeing if clutch gets bad after some time and you are not stuck in middle of nowhere?

Aaahhhh, I got it. Well I guess I could also go for the ride when someone is home so if that happens I could call em on my cell to come and get me. I'll just pull the bike next to a hambuger joint or a market store. I dont know of anyone with a dyno and I'm not sure that those are cheap to rent. Do you Hot Rodders know what the hourly rate usually is?
I thought if you had it on a dyno, you'd be able to simulate your riding style, and get the clutch to replicate exactly what it does when you ride it.
Then start to diagnose the problem in real time, trying different repairs until fixed.
No more guesswork...
I thought as this has been an ongoing problem, it might be worth it just to put it behind you.
Cheers
if it is only clutch then why do you need to actually go anywhere? Just sit there pumping the lever LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

when you bled it several times after a run did you notice any air in system like the original time?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

At least that can eliminate line issues... only leaves the rod assemblies and return/relief valves OR a warped plate?

There are many ways to check the relief valve for operation instead of a visual check. Remember micro pitting may cause it to stick even though it appears clean and free?
If you have a slightly warped clutch plate the higher operating temps may be cause the plate to amplify it's warping, ending up pushing the clutch pack onto the push rod creating the slip?

Just trying to throw things out there cause I hate the not knowing WHY!!!! as well
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1