Blocking Pair Valve
Maj, My 12 is backfiring on throttle shut off if I unplug the pair control valve will the bike throw up a fault code and will this help with backfire?? OR have I missed the point completely!!!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
The PAIR valve inject's clean air into the exhaust system to "help" with emissions.. all it really does is dilute the emissions with fresh air LOL

If you put on an aftermarket can(s) then you may be upsetting this equation. Most after market cans are less restrictive than the OEM cans which allows more unburnt fuel to enter exhaust pipes. As soon as this fuel hits the fresh air injected by the PAIR valve the mixture allows an further explosion (backfire). This will happen more from backing off the throttle, specially after a big blast.

To fix this you can either restrict the cans more by using a baffle, detune the bike to have less unburnt fuel or remove the injection of clean air by blocking off the PAIR valve.
Other than adding a baffle, you will need to get bike on some type of tuning software that can manipulate the ECU. If you just block the PAIR valve you WILL get a fault code as the sensor will be getting a wrong reading, flashing can remove the need for this sensor thus not bring up a fault code.

I hope I have this right LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Yep, Batfink nailed it. Easiest thing to do is the marble mod. Easily undoable. PAIR valve will still work, it just won't introduce air into your headers. ECU thinks its doing the right thing and therefore won't chuck a spaz.