Cheap Insurance to Busa Club members!!!
Bastard! Regards,
ColinT<i></i>
Not funny, eh! :">
But a necessary evil.
Oh to be a rating 1 again.
Cheers, Phil. Riding and paying dearly for the pleasure, not talking. <i></i>
$190 with RACV for third party only.

Fit an alarm and get a good lock (stress good), and hopefully no one should knock it off.

Just have to ensure <u>you</u> dont cause any accidents and the bike doesn't get set alight.

(rating 1, under 25 in a high risk suburb)
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
Is it a high risk area because that sort of stuff happens?? <i></i>
or because a lot of this stuff happens?? <i></i>
eh, neighbouring suburb is Broadmeadows.... need I say more??

(Hence the alarm and Mul-T-Lock disc lock... now if someone can pick it up, they deserve it)
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
buy 2nd hand , pay cash , get 3rd party property cover if it makes you feel better , take the risk shit if you pay 4.5k for 12 mths insurance you could buy another beast ( 2nd hand every couple years F%$#!K the blood sucking insurance companies cheap insurance you bet <i></i>
Agree with you on full comp insurance, but everyone should have a minimum of third party property insurance, for the damage your vehicle can cause.

I know of three winning senarios:

1/ Triumph Daytona T bones a lancer (she pulled out, he was speeding, so his fault) bent the car in half and twisted the chassis. Had to pay for the car and couldn't afford a new bike.

2/ Car loses control around a city corner (wet tram tracks) and side swipes three parked cars (one of which was a merc). $80,000 debt was paid off after about 15yrs.

3/ Girlfriend lost control around a wet corner and moved into the path of a (speeding) 4x4. Wrote off the 4x4 (and her car) and is currently negotiating with solicitors and debt collectors.

For a couple of hundred bucks once a year, at least have the peace of mind that if you f*** up (and the way we all ride sometimes, shit will happen), you will at the worst be up for a new Busa (if TAC looks after the medical bills, and you're not dead of course)
Peter Altas
BUSA-1<i></i>
yep just renewed my insurance and bloody hell it only fell over once:"> and they upped the premium from $1040.00 up to $1560.00:"> :"> :"> :"> thieving lil pricks, but they reckon if i am really good they will bring me back up to rating 1 next year and yes i think it is a necessary evil cause when it rolled of its stand it cost $2600.00 to fix. I suppose thats what we get for owning the best bikes in the world..

regards Bill <i></i>
I'd cut Rocketmans left nut off to be a rating one again.
11 more months without falling off and I'm there!
Might even get old mans insurance. (This is where you come in Rev) Do the over 55 pensioner home insurance companies cover Busa's?????????
Cheers, Anon..................................... <i></i>
I was with Western QBE for 5 years, rating 1, occasional user, over 40, club member etc. and riding a BMW K1200 RS. Cost per year $ 640 Bought the Busa and the thieving bastards wanted $1600 per year.
Rang IC Frith which apparently is Aurora as well and after giving them the above details was quoted $685.
Guess what? Bye Bye QBE.
Insurance companies obviously have no loyalty to us so shop around I reckon for every renewal. Sure price is not everything and I have yet to make a claim but you can buy a couple of mods with the difference.
Regards
CB <i></i>
You all wish!
Just got my renewal, going to the bank next week to extend the mortgage.
Cheers, Phil.
Riding, because I can't afford to fall off! <i></i>