Handlebar End Weights
Nah, it's more to do with canceling out engine buzz. Try the lightweights on. It won't hurt you but you'll see what I mean. (Yes I've tried it!) Note it is the same philosophy behind the weights on the standard Busa footpegs.
I found what Camel found, but only tried it on a gen 1 (both the 01 & 99)..
You get more of a fast vibration through the bars and at certain revs you can experience a harmonic shake. This is not a head stem shake just a deeper fast vibration as the bars act like a tuning fork lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(28-08-2015, 09:32am)Lucksafortune2000 Wrote: Lucksafortune2000I recently purchased some chrome bar end weights from China and they are considerably smaller and lighter than the standard items.
What I would like to know from anyone with experience is:
a) Is the Gen 2 Hayabusa susceptible to head shake?
b) Has anyone else changed theirs and had any problems?
My bike as standard has been great and never even hinted that is was going to go into a tank slapper and I'd like to keep it that way.
I don't want to find out on my maiden voyage that backing off sharply from 200+kph is BAD.......lol.
Comments folks!
Confused

G'day mate. I had that same issue many years ago with my '04 busa. Then heard about a contraption called a "Vibranator" . Bought it from the States for about AU$130 + postage , and wouldn't you know it,it worked like a dream dampening nearly all the engine vibes transmitted through the bars.

I've still got them but haven't needed to use them since I got the B-King .This is due to the fact the B-King has a single,upright set of handlebars and very heavy standard barends.

If you're interested,I'm happy to part with the vibranators. Currently new ones cost about AU$150 + postage from the states but I've seen them on ebay for up to USD$246.07 +$78.16 postage (WTF!)
On my set there's a tiny mark on the underside of one of the barends but generally they're in excellent condition.
I'd like to sell them for $70 + $10 should cover the postage.

Have a search around and read up on some of the reviews. I think you'll find that they're pretty impressive contraptions.
Just PM me if you're interested.

cheers.....Franko

[img][Image: DSCN3525%202.jpg][/img]
you can tell this is a classy place.....
the graffiti is spelt right.....!
Vibranators! That reminds me of those units you could buy to insert under your pillion seat. They increased in intensity as the revs rose and were guaranteed to provide your (insert gender of choice here) pillion partner with all sorts of good vibrations! Apparently they didn't make them from old Triumphs. They came stock with those vibes......
I'm not joking! You can actually buy aforementioned pleasure device! I'd send a link but I'm on a work computer and I don't want to be compromised!
I use clipons and have no problems with it.
Even after 800km. and sum up the 260kmh.

Attached Files
.jpg   LSL - 135-D07RT.jpg (Size: 21.7 KB / Downloads: 58)
.jpg   LSL - 154L01SI.jpg (Size: 16.38 KB / Downloads: 57)
.jpg   LSL - 154RS50.jpg (Size: 9.51 KB / Downloads: 57)