Swann/QBE/Aurora insurance
Received my renewal from QBE for the Bus recently. $1040 for market value. Went into the local bike shop for a Swann quote, $1500+ for agreed value of 15K. He suggested I ring NRMA. They wanted $1700+ for 15K AV. Another salesman then gave me a pamphlet for Aurora, and underwriting agency for IC Friths. Marketed as "Affordable insurance designed for experienced riders 25 to 39 years". She asked how much I wished to insure for, I replied, "how much will you let me?" $17800 is our starting rate she replies. How much absolute top value. $20k.

I ask her for the two premiums. $756 for the 17.8k and $843 for the 20k. She ended up doing $799 for the 20k.

800 bills is still a heap of doe, but I reckon you could do that much damage and more just rolling off the side stand. An '01 Busa insured for 20k, mad not to me thinks.

Anyone interested in Aurora, 1800 649 797, they even pay for the call. Sydney based company. If you speak to Carmel, tell her Dave from Harrington Park said she has to do a great deal, or I'll skitch Col and Glenn onto her.

Regards,, Goldie <i></i>
Got my insurace Bill from Western QBE $746 with $800 excess. (excess has $300 extra for 1 speeding ticket in the last 3 years). Bike is worth $13000

I am 37yo with 60% No claim bonus.

Phoned around.

$1600 RACV
$1500 GIO
$601 Aurora with a $500 excess.

Ended up taking out a policy with Aurora! Agreed value.

Thanks for putting me onto them SubRX. <i></i>
I went with them too but they cancelled my policy for not having a lock up garage, f'n pricks. Had to go with QBE costing $205 more.

<i></i>
Aurora saved me 300 bucks and insured me for 16000 instead of 13000. Shweet! <i></i>
as i know what it feels like having the busa roll of its stand and let me tell you it was way more than 800 bills my little episode cost $2600 big one for a little sleep on the driveway for my bike guessi will be ringing these guys also thanx will let ya know how i go

regards Bill <i></i>
Just renewed my insurance with Aurora but they have now changed there name to Arista but still has great prices. <i></i>
Just got my renewal for QBE insurance @ $1537-00 for 12 months. Thought i'd ring the Aurora/Arista mob and get a quote. $1,095-14 with $500 excess insured @ $17,500. They seem pretty good price. Only asked me age, 27, 9years riding exp, 1 accident in 5 years where someoone hit me, 3 speeding fines, so probably didn't do too badly?!

Just wondering why they would be much cheaper than the other major insurers?? If you had o make a claim, are they quick and easy to associate with? Anyone had any problems with them..... don't know whether i should stick with Western QBE for reasons where you get a better deal in the long run if you stay with their company for quite a while??

Cheers, Peter

ps - been away for a month so trying to catch-up on all you guys bitching and bartering and bagging of each other !!!!
<i></i>
I thought Aurora was 40+ only. Les had a claim once through IC Friths (theyre brokers) and they came through ok. I dont believe 'loyalty' to any particular insurance companys ever benefit theyre members, go with the best premium provided they will service your claim reasonably if needed. <i></i>
after that claim my premium went from $600 odd to a grand for 2 years, now i'm back to 60% no claim bonus and my renewal just arrived;
Busa 2003 - agreed value $20,000 including named accessories
Excess $500

les

<i></i>
guess I better give Arista a call when I get my new bus, after 2 claims in 4 months with Swann and the second one being a complete write off of the bike I suspect insurance is going to be tricky for me for a bit <i></i>
I was hit up for $1200+ lst year by QBE, I haggled and said I wanted to stay but could do better elsewhere. They immediately dropped the premium to under a grand - like $984 with a $500 excess and didn't haggle over anything. Just dropped the price. I haven't had a claim for 23 years.
I threw the bike down the road a couple of weeks ago and wrote her off. Police reports that I was not at fault. Spilled diesel across the corner and I was doing between 10 and 20kays. QBE assessor didn't argue the scratched frame or scratched swing arm or the $14,900quote- wrote her off as a total loss there and then.
I had to supply a report from the RTA on my driving record for the last 5 years and supply my rego papers.
I am hating the three bloody weeks until they send me a cheque for the "market value - they started off offering me $13k for my 2001 black and silver. As diplomatically as i could I called them rip-off merchants - taking my premiums for 20 years and then being cheap when it came time to pay. They added a grand to $14k after my excess was removed (surgically removed from my wallet).
I'll tell you what their next quote is but Geoff, the supervisor agreed that "Market Value" was a trap and suggested "Agreed Value", while more expensive, returned what you agreed with, not wanted aftr the prang.
So far I have few whinges with the way they have conducted themselves apart from they don't cover my helmet - over a grand to replace but at least I only saw stars and not angels.

Max Madmax - GSX1300R Road terrorising Hayabusa (makes the road scared)
God is alive and well, He flies a big Suzuki too fast, carries 2 loaded .357 Magnums and feeds bike thieves into Hell
Good Bike, Good Woman, Good Road, Good Weather, Good God - Good Bye!
Smith and Wesson - The original point and click interface.
Gun Control means using both hands!<i></i>
Do any insurances cover helmet by default? I thought it was optional extra for helmet cover (unless you can claim on the other vehicle (i.e. driver's) insurance - then don't forget to include the cost of your helmet!) <i></i>
If you are a Ulysses member then check out NRMA Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle insurance. I just done my 99 bus with pipe and a few other bits for less than $500, value $15000. <i></i>
I got three quotes with all parties being aware of my recent accident and claim;

Arista; Agreed Value $15.5
Quote $883.66 pa,
retain 45% no claim bonus
$500 excess.

Swan; Agreed Value $15.5
Quote started at $1400 but discounted for me as a regular shop customer to $1100.
Will include helmet coverage for a further $30. pa.
Retain 60% no claim bonus
$500 excess.

Western QBE; Agreed Value $15.5Quote; $988.00pa
Retain 60% no claim bonus
Standard excess $500
Imposed excess due to 1 point speed camera fine - a further $400.

QBE continue to be competitive price wise as the $400 imposed excess will only bite if I have another prang. Dunno how long that extra excess lasts. If they were more transparent and not dragging their feet to pay-up I would probably stay with them as they did the right thing by writing the bike off when they could have stuffed me around endlessly by arguing the quote and making me have the frame inspected for damage. I was very worried at the prospect of the frame being damaged by the prang and having it let go on me at high speed. Now I just have to see what they're going to do with my center stand and tank bra.

Cheers

Max <i></i>
Quote:check out NRMA Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle insurance

Does that refer to the rider or the ride??? <i></i>