Payout
Having got quite a generous payout figure for my sadly written off Busa I am now wondering what to get...I dont want another Busa...this is the second I have destroyed and obviously the throttle control I have is just not conducive to my safety when riding the mighty Busa's.

So I thought about a sedate Moto Guzzi v7...but having heard a well ridden 250 is probably faster off the mark and despite its lovely appearance I have started to look at MV Agusta Brutale's.

The 800 is an amazingly powerful machine putting out 125 Hp at the crank in what is a lightweight bike but the 1090 is a better option for me anyway.

Any observations or opinions guys...I will still come on here to see whats happening.

Steve
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Hi Steve. Sounds like something with traction control would be good for a start! LOL

Seriously, ride them, try them, and take your time choosing another bike. Plenty of good ones. Nothing will be like a Busa though, and like so many I've seen in the last 12 years of being a member here. I'm betting you'll end up with another Busa one day...

I myself like the idea of a road/trail, but ride them all, and then you will know what you want.

Let us know how you go.
Hi Steve, thats not good news mate and hope your ok. I really think you should buy a new model Busa just for the fact that when we go on country runs I wont have to wait every 5 minutes for you to catch up haha. Take a new Vmax for a test ride because those things are insane fun.
Wait for the new CRF1000L (Africa Twin) to come out in Feb.
Glad to hear you got a good payout with no fuss mate....

Now you can have a lot of fun testing many MANY bikes. Then just the headache of choosing LOL

I put my money on what pan said... I bet you will end up with another busa one day. Maybe you need more than one pony in the stable?
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I only ride as fast as my angel can fly.(A Blue Angel)
I hate to admit this but a cruiser...the C50 Boulevard is also something I would consider simply for the more relaxed riding...and if I got one of those, Dave, you would need to set off the next day.

I do love the Busa's and yes, with the correct amount of discipline with the throttle I would probably be OK...but come on guys...a straight piece of road and not a plod in sight...who here can resist?. No the Mrs is resigned to me getting another bike but another Busa...not this year anyway.
If you are looking at a cruiser, check out teh Indian range.. either the smaller Scout or the one I like is the Chief Dark Horse.
Now the arguments are about the boss doesn't like matt black and I hate chrome LOL

But I am definitely aiming at having the busa and a cruiser in the shed one day.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

They also come with a cool care package LOL

[Image: Indian%20care%20package_zpsibddlobd.jpg]

[Image: Indian%20care%20package2_zps7mss1fmf.jpg]
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Price is a consideration...I dont want new and a used late model C50 is well within the payout figure I got plus some left over for goodies. I also dont want a massive engine 800 or 900 is fine for the time being...problem is I dont like the Kawasaki Vulcan for some reason. No the C50 is probably going to be the one should I decide to go down that track.

I wonder how wearing a full face helmet will look...if I had been wearing an open faced when I binned my shit I would very likely not be here or at least writing this so an open face helmet is not even a consideration.
Depends on what colour flanno you wear.
If you get the chance try a dual sport type,
i realy like my tiger 800, not spectacular on long straight roads but makes up for it when you can take trails you only glanced at on the busa , previous V strom was better on the road but less capable off
I will be testing a few bikes when the time comes...must say I never thought of a duel sport...dont know about going off road...had enough trouble on road lol!
Barina hey?...four cylinders of raw power...0 to 47 in two days fourteen hours and fifty seven minutes...dont know if I can handle that!...hahaha.

Reminds me of how Richard Hammond described driving a Hyundai Lantra....'less fun than drowning'