91 Ron fuel
Hi guys just put BP 91 Ron in my Gen11 will it hurt it in any way
I'll have a crack at answering this one.....
Generally higher RON's are required because the engine runs a higher compression ratio, therefore avoiding premature combustion, better known as pinging.
I would suspect that if you ride the bike gently as in not putting the engine under too much load, especially lower down in the rev range, it'll probably be ok.
If pinging is left unchecked and continues too long, engine damage WILL eventuate.
It won't harm your fuel system.
If it was me, for the sake of $25 worth of fuel, I would probably siphon it out and keep it for my lawnmower.
you could buy nulon pro-strength octane booster from autobarn and pour some in the tank
According to this test,it came out on top and actually increased the octane level by almost 3 ron points when added to
96ron fuel so would excpect to raise it more in 91ron fuel
http://members.rennlist.com/951_racerx/O...rison.html
I use it in my turbo fg falcon running 15psi of boost.
cost about $25 a 500ml bottle and that treats 60lt. of fuel.According to the manufacturer it is the ideal substitute
to use in standard unleaded fuels where premium petrol is required.
Sometimes thats all thats available, happens all the time here in small towns around Tassie. Normally I just start to top up with 98 when I can as soon as I can. I doubt if there is any benefit but my small brain thinks of it as... 50% 91 + 50% 98 = 100% 95 lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I always use 98 ron if available if not then add octane nulon pro strength
a good thing to keep with you when going to small towns.
thx larra I will look into that myself... great idea to keep a small bottle under the hump
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
I've has three Busas over the years and have very occasionally had to put 91RON in, usually in the country and no premium. Never caused any issue. If you're worried, use half the tank and top it up with 98 as suggested. Happy riding.